Christmas was good. I got more TV boxed sets than I know what to do with (24, Rescue Me, Curb Your Enthusiasm, etc) and will definitely be downgrading my Netflix plan for the next few months.
My Dad's side of the family came over on Christmas Eve. My grandpa is still at the rehab center for his legs and couldn't get out, which made things a lot different, but on Christmas Day my aunt checked out a day room at the nursing home so we had our festivities their. It was a good time, except for the fact that the people who work at nursing homes (especially those who work at nursing homes on Christmas Day) are decidedly malicious. I should explain, however, that my grandfather is not spending the rest of his life in a nursing home. He had surgery and broke his leg and has been in a hospital bed for like five weeks. He's at the nursing home for therapy so he can learn to walk and hula hoop and participate in roller derby's again. The nursing home, however, is chuck full of scary scary old people, and I don't enjoy it all that much. An 85 year old woman kissed me and told me she was single. She wasn't rich, either. Believe me. That thought crossed my mind. My aunt told me to find a rich old lady with one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel.
Wait...that has nothing to do with CHRISTMAS!!! Back on topic, Steve. Back on topic. Oh, my mom wanted the whole family to wake up and go to church at 9am. My brother and my dad claimed they would go, but when it came to the 8am wake-up call, they conveniently slept through my mother's pleas. I, on the other hand, not only woke up and went to church, I put on a suit as well. Yes. A shirt, tie, and jacket. Me. Steve. A suit. And it wasn't a Homecoming Dance. That's a Christmas Miracle. I should have taken pictures...I think my mom wants me to put the suit back on so she can.
After the nursing home, we went to my other grandparents' for more food and fun. My Grandpa Balagna got cold and put on a Members Only jacket. That was a true Christmas miracle, also.
I'm not really motivated to do anything with anyone while I'm home. It's been a long semester and I'm perfectly content with sitting around on my ass. However, Millie and I have discussed a Detroit Fun Day, so we'll see if that happens. I'm here until Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember I was always scared of nursing homes when my grandpa was alive and living in one. But then I worked at a retirement home and wasn't that scared anymore, except when people would puke up their dinners or pee on the chairs and I'd have to clean it up. See you this weekend!
i have a members only jacket. it's tan. do you/your grandpa want me now?
I sat around on my ass too! And I refuse to believe you put on a suit. PROVE IT. You have 24 hours.
Post a Comment