Since the Holidays pretty much warrant their own separate recap, and I will not be participating in anything all that interesting until New Year's Day, now is as good of time as any for 2006: A Year In Review.
To spice things up, I will incorporate elements of one of my favorite theatre games, "Two Truths and a Lie." For every month of the ending year, I will give three things that happened. But here's the twist...only two of them actually happened! Hence the name of the game.
Let's get to it. We've got twelve whole months to get through!
2006. A Semi-Truthful Account
January-
Maggie and I saw a homeless man dump out an entire bag of Cheetos for no reason.
After getting paid for Spring Orientation, I was finally not poor for the first time since September.
I was offered to sing backup for Outkast, but had to decline in order to devote my time to helping underprivileged kids learn cursive.
February-
FLYMF.com paid me roughly eight dollars to publish a story I had written about Red Robin in their February issue.
After eating an especially hot tamale, my tongue was burnt so bad that it had to be removed. It was replaced with the tongue of the late Don Knotts.
Got a hickey from Jess Dangles while making out in Libby's leather chair with Kelly Clarkson "Because of You" on repeat in the background.
March-
The group had a bet on who could go the longest without masturbating. I didn't participate on the grounds that it was pretty damn stupid.
After a few too many St. Patty's Day pints, I learned the hard way that all Leprechauns are men.
Didn't go to Mississippi for Spring Break. To this day, I still get asked why.
April-
I overdosed on foot cream.
Alicia and Jared came to town. We saw John Waters.
As the school year started to wind down, we all wondered where the hell the time went.
May-
Moved to Lincoln Park with Jeff and Matt
Got a job at My Pie.
Discovered the cure for the common cold. It's cancer.
June-
Went to the beach almost every day.
Discovered a manuscript that revealed the true identity of Jack the Ripper, but accidentally spilled chocolate pudding on the one page that would have solved one of history's greatest secrets.
Enjoyed my own personal late-night entertainment by listening to people fight and argue outside my window on Lill every day.
July-
Watched Final Destination 3 with Cam, Jacob, and Millie. The best part of Orientation. The best part of the summer. Possibly the best part of 2006.
Facebook groups became global.
Directed a successful Off-Broadway adaptation of "Are You There God? It's Me Margaret."
August-
Got Einsteinium taken off the periodic table of elements.
Lollapalooza was a lot of fun, even though I had my doubts.
Decided to run the half marathon at Disney World.
September-
Got a job at Student Affairs working with Baggy and Holly.
Started my final year at Columbia
Ate a walnut. Shell and all.
October-
Much to the chagrin of the shows most hardcore fans, I won Project Runway.
Halloween and the "I didn't know you were coming tonight!" debacle.
Formed a rap group called "Melk N' Cookiez" while sitting in traffic on 94.
November-
Decided to leave Chicago in February instead of June. (Although I still intend to be back for the summer.)
Got hit by a golf ball while running.
Started selling anthrax to terrorists on the black market.
December-
Raised $3,900 for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Finished the semester in one piece.
Raised $3,900 to buy Justin Timberlake for a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You lied. I highly doubt you used your inspirational picture book as the subject. And I was having such a good day.
ps, might steal this! By might, will.
first, its not just pictures. it's stories and spark words as well.
second, I didn't need to use it on account of I had something to write.
third, can't wait to see you!
Jessica Said:
I'm stealing it too. Although I had already planned on doing a year-end wrap up, so it's not really stealing. I think "Behind These Hazels Eyes" was playing too, although I can't verify that.
Wow, now I thought jess had come up with this and a said so on her blog. I guess I should attribute any inspiration for an annual wrap up blog to you steve, and not jess dangles
Post a Comment