I’m on the train right now. Thank god for laptops. I am currently getting my ass kicked at solitaire, while Sudoku is handing Ashley her ass on a silver platter. Our train had to stop for freight traffic for a while. A long while. Luckily we are moving again and should hopefully be back to Detroit in time for Christmas, although keep in mind that Amtrak did not make that guarantee. I hate the word “guarantee.” It is fucking impossible to deal with. GUARANTEE. I spelled it wrong three times before I finally asked spell-check. Screw you Microsoft Works, I’ll figure it out on my own. Even more irony…I spelled “spell-check” wrong. There is a hyphen in between the two words. It is not one word. It is not, what you may recall from second grade, a compound word. Like butterfly or applebottom. Stupid AutoCorrect keeps separating Apple and Bottom into two separate words. Shame on you. What would Nelly say? These are not problems that I encounter when I am updating my blog with regular internet access. SCREW YOU MICROSOFT WORKS “BLOG” IS A WORD. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT. Webster’s even recognizes it as a word. Well. I don’t know. But I bet they do.
Anyway, train. So Amtrak messed up Ashley’s ticket which was not cool. But we still got on the train. We almost didn’t get to sit together but these really nice old foreign people switched over so we could. They have eaten twice since we left Chicago. Healthy appetites over there. The man took a nap and when he woke up he asked me to go get him coffee from the dining car. I obliged. I felt I owed it to him since he DID switch seats for us. But he didn’t tip me.
Oh, and Scott Myers is on the train too. What’s a train ride without Scott!
These weekend was filled to the brim with Christmas miracles. The first being our drive by the Home Alone house. No. I mean we drove by it. I don’t mean we were part of a drive-by in front of it. That’s morbid. The house looks just like it did in the movie, only the statue that the pizza man knocks over is no longer there. We ate at the Panera that used to be the super market where Maculy Culkin buys the toothbrush. I’m surprised Winnetca doesn’t have a more thriving tourist industry.
Yesterday Dave and Matt came back to Chicago and we went with Ashley, Jill, and Jess to see….JERRY SPRINGER. My internship is over and I spent my first free Monday in 3 months doing what? Going to see the damn show. It was a scene. I got us on the VIP list so we were in the very front row where all the action was. I got to sit next to a security guard and Jill got to sit next to Steve, who, by the way, doesn’t do anything. Got plenty of views of disgusting boobs and hairy backs and butt crack. Talk about Christmas cheer! Everyone had a good time.
And that’s that. Once we get to Ann Arbor we are going to Ashley’s sister’s Birthday Party, then Novi, HERE I COME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment