Monday, January 01, 2007

Have A Happy New Year, Jesus Take The Wheel!

Sooo...New Year's. That sure was something else. It was a "PTFO some time after 4 and sleep until 1:30 to avoid a hangover but you still kind of have one anyway" kind of else.

The night started at Jenny and Abbi's place for gift exchange. I had drawn Zach's name, and he drew mine, and the bastard didn't show up, so I didn't get to trade presents yet, but the night was still fantastic. Since I just got a new camera after the last one's disaster in the car door, I think I'll include some pictures so you can see what a great photog I am.

We played drinking games for a while. Loaded Questions is the most fun game in the world, but playing it without the board with seventy-four people on New Year's Eve is not the most desirable of circumstances. Throwing Smartee's (or as IDIOT DANI CALLS THEM...SWEET TARTS!!! IDIOT GIRL!) into Ashley's cleavage was another popular parlor game. Then, we had apparently had enough alcohol in our system to do what we always do when we drink. Take an enormous amount of weird pictures...


Then it was midnight and the champagne was flowing, the poppers were popping, and the sparklers were...sparkling. The champagne was sparkling too, so try not to get those confused, alright? Jenny, Dani, and I went through about a dozen sparklers trying to take good sparkler pictures, this is the best I got for each of us. (Mine sucks) Jenny kind of looks like she's in a Harry Potter movie. EXPELIARMUS!

Then, a few of us wanted to go to Bacci, which was closed. However, I didn't truly become a shit show until we were on the train. Much like Halloween and the "I didn't know you were coming tonight!" debacle, everyone who I walked by, got a jolly "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" from me. Everyone. Everywhere. In front of the closed Bacci, on the train platform, on the train. After a while, when that started to get stale, I started telling people that Dani and I just got married. One girl even took a picture of us on her camera phone. She's probably looking at it right now wondering who the fuck we are. Then I started saying "Jesus take the wheel!" to everyone. Or "Happy New Year, Jesus take the wheel!" or "I just got married! Jesus take the wheel! Happy New Year!"

When I got home, the glass on the front door of our building was broken, and I let some shady guy in who was looking for his girlfriend. Well, that broken glass should have been an indication of some sort, but I was drunk and wanted to be helpful. I then took the opportunity to introduce myself to my upstairs neighbors who were walking their dog. Seemed like a good time for that, right? Shadester asked if he could use my phone, I said I didn't have one. Both of my neighbors said they didn't have phones either, and all three of us were secretly hoping to God that our phones didn't ring and expose our lies. Then the cops came about some disturbance that may or may not have been linked to the shady guy who I let into the building. Despite my better judgment (which had actually went on vacation several hours earlier) I stood in my open doorway and watched the entire event unfold.

And now it's 2007.
























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love '07 already! '07 is heaven! Had suuuuuch a good time! Love Praise Him and I like to praise Him! Remember those liiiiights we saw when we were walking? Sooooo pretty! You are such a good friend I loooove you! Not as much as I like the liiiiights tho! Hehe! Jk? or am I? hehe I don't know! Lol!