Monday, January 29, 2007

Hero to Zero

The creator of Heroes told TV guide that a major character will be killed off in a few weeks. Of course, as per any time the announcement of a major character death is leaked, the fans are all a twitter. I love me some Heroes, and I love me some good character deaths, so I figured that the occasion calls for some speculation. So, whose gonna kick it?

Matt- Apparently the death is someone who has been around since the beginning. Couldn't be Matt since he didn't show up until the 2nd or 3rd episode. Odds: Unlikely

Mohinder- God, I hope so. The actor is terrible and the character is boring and pointless. He comes to America to find the Heroes, then as soon as he actually finds a hero, for no reason whatsoever he decides to give up and go back to India, only to have irrelevant and boring dreams that bring him back to America again. His character is just a device to bring characters together, and his voiceovers at the end of episodes are hokey beyond belief. Plus, he has no powers. Mohinder is my top choice. Odds: Likely.

Niki/Jessica- This is a tough one. Ali Larter is the main female of the show, so I can't really see them offing her at this point, especially when there's so much mystery surrounding her character. I could hypothesize that Jessica ends up killing Niki and taking over, but that doesn't make much sense because 1. They did the exact same thing on Angel and 2. Jessica might not be a good guy but everything she does is for what she thinks is Niki and her son Micah's best interest. Odds: It could go either way.

Simone- Simone is actually a little more useless than Mohinder, if you can believe it. However she's a lot more likable, and after Eden blew her brains out and Charlie's head got open like a can of beans, I'm not sure that the writers would kill off three females in a row. But then again, Ana-Lucia, Libby, and Shannon from Lost might disagree. Odds: More likely than Niki/Jessica, less likely than Mohinder.

Peter or Hiro- No way. They are fan favorites and not going anywhere.

Claire- The entire first half of the season used the catchphrase "Save the Cheerleader, Save the world." If she were to die, that makes the last 12 episodes irrelevant. Odds: Not a chance.

Nathan- I still think Nathan will become a bad guy, and that transition is going to take time. He'll definitely bite it eventually, but not next.

Micah- He's the only thing that DL and Niki/Jessica are fighting for. Without him that whole storyline is pointless.

Horn-Rimmed Glasses- I suppose he could be the one to go. Claire looking for her birth mother and all so there may not be any need for her adoptive father anymore. His motives are still unknown so we still can't figure out if he's bad or good. Also, HRG has Sylar in custody and has ties with the ever-so-mysterious-but-seems-to-know-everyone Linderman. If HRG turns out to be a bad guy, he'll be killed in order to make room for Sylar or Linderman. If he turns out to be good and then killed, it could be in a heart-wrenching scene when we finally discover that all he cared about was protecting Claire, as well as the world.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand any of this.

Steve-O said...

doesnt matter.



baggy will.

Anonymous said...

HEROES HOLLER

You forgot Pyschic Cop and Future Painter (I'm bad with names, give me a break). My bet is on one of them.

Psychic Cop
A. Not exactly in the main plot yet
B. Dabbling in some dangerous business pushing horn-rimmed glasses around trying to find sylar

Future Painter
A. He's made his transition for the better and finally come around to his better side, and he can paint at will now, which will make the loss of his power to the heroes an even bigger shock
B. Hiro sees him get killed in the future.

Steve-O said...

Matt = mind reading cop. dummy

Anonymous said...

That wasn't very nice, Steve. Maybe you shoudl apologize?

ps I don't get any of this either. Now if you do one of these for Miami Ink, I might know what you're talking about.

Steve-O said...

AGAIN.

does. not. matter.

If someone wrote about a show I didn't watch, I'd most likely skip it. Not read entire thing and then say I didn't get it.