Monday, January 15, 2007

This time, you've gone too far

Well, first of all, I'd like to mention that the Disney chapter (Number eleven, for anyone who pays attention...see: Dani) will probably be finished and up by the end of the week. Or, at least part of it will. I'm not sure how many parts Chapter 11 will come in but if Best Buy gets two (and a prologue!) I can't see my experiences at the happiest place on earth fitting neatly into one entry. But who knows.

I've started this new thing where I read before bed. This solves two problems of mine. I never seem to find the time to sit down and read, and also, I have a hard time falling g asleep. Also, reading makes me tired. Ergo, reading before bed has many benefits.

Oh, and also, it turns out that I love running now. I especially love it in the cold. It felt like 19 degrees out, and it was snowing, and it was dark out, but I still ran four miles and it felt great.

Here are some things I need to complain about:

Puff Daddy's Proactiv commercial. "It helps me preserve my sexy." Really, Diddy? You're making MILLIONS of dollars as a rap mogul. Is it really necessary for you to hawk face wash?

Twentyfour-Seven. In case you haven't noticed MTV's formula, as soon as something becomes successful, they scramble to make a half-assed reality show about the same thing. Sometimes it works, (Laguna Beach is clearly inspired by The OC) and sometimes it doesn't. (Remember Surf Girls? No? Remember Blue Crush? Case in point). Now, since Entourage is so popular, producers (or imps from the bowels of Hell, you'll have to check the credits to find out for sure) decided to make a real life version of it. The only difference is that instead of interesting characters with complicated relationships and comic perspectives, they gave us a variable parade of douche bags. How is it that a fiction show has richer characters than a show about real people? I don't know. I'm still puzzling over the hippie guy saying that writing affirmations on his water glass changes the molecules. Yawn.

Dirt. So, once upon a time there was this provocative and intriguing show on FX called Nip/Tuck. It did really well. However, since logistically speaking it was only possible to create just over a dozen episodes per season, FX decided to make a new show that was essentially the same thing as Nip/Tuck only set in the world of tabloid journalism. By "the same thing as Nip/Tuck," I mean lots and lots of dirty sex. The news has been all a twitter with the fact that Courtney Cox has shed her image as Monica from Friends to play a ruthless journalist. Oh, by the way, 10 years ago, when Scream came out, the news was all a twitter over the fact that Courtney Cox had shed her image as Monica from Friends to play a ruthless journalist. Wow Court, way to progress.

Hogan Knows Best. Watching them move into a new house and yell at the Mexican landscapers isn't all that exciting. Watching them learn Spanish is a bore. Watching the daughter record a music video and the son rebel in every way possible because he is jealous of his sister's fame(?) is as intellectually stimulating as popping a can of pringles. However, I continue to watch, hoping each week that this will in fact be the episode where the family learns that the Mom is actually a man. I mean come on, have you SEEN HER???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read before bed too! Puts me to sleep in like 5 minutes so I never really get much reading done then.

And that Entourage reality does suck, I agree. They're spoiling it for everyone!

Anonymous said...

I think the Hogan mom is a man too! I also hate the dad from Little People Big World.

Also, I tried using all the HTML tags it says to use above the comment box to see what they did, but unfortunately this thing wouldn't let me.

I tried to publish this comment five times, and now I give up.

Anonymous said...

I hate how everyone always says Hulk is so overprotective- but remember on season I when Brooke was 16 and she was allowed to go out with that 22 year old?! Come on now!
p.s. Jennifer Aniston may start on an episode of Dirt.