Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I leave for Florida tomorrow morning. The run is on Saturday, so I have a few days of relaxing in the sun (it's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend, that alone makes all of this training worth it). I still need to pack, and, more importantly, make a good playlist for my iPod. I am anticipating this run to be a challenge, but not extremely hard because...

1. I've done all the training.
2. It will be warm weather, I'm used to biting cold and wind.
3. I don't have to wear a hat, gloves, two shirts, and a million pairs of pants when I do it.
4. It's only a half marathon.

I hate flying. I should also make that clear. I am terrified of flying. Yes. Terrified. I hate it.

I'm excited to go back to Disney. Problem is, I have three partial days to do everything. Fortunately, I worked there for almost a year, so I know what to see and what to skip. Living With the Land Boat Ride? Yeah, I'll pass, thanks. Test Track? You know it.

Today is pretty much the last day of my break. After Florida, there's spring orientation, and then I go back to work in the office. Well, it was a good break, and life will still be far less stressful than it was this past semester, so I can't complain.

Things to do today:
1. Pack
2. Make a good playlist
3. Go get gatorade and pretzels (carbs and salt)
4. Read the rest if my preparation guide.
5. Run (only 30 minutes though)
6. Hang out for a bit.
7. Go to bed early.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! And drink lots of water (or gatorade), my mom always tells me to stay hydrated when I run!

Anonymous said...

That was supposed to be by baggy, but the enter button is too close to shift and I fucked up.

Anonymous said...

and play loaded questions! mmmm loaded fries!Good luck!