We have student panels with the parents at Orientation, where they get a chance to ask us some "candid" questions. Sometimes, when I finish talking, I feel really good because I answered the parents question and they clearly appreciate it. Other times, I feel bad because it was just a flat out lie. Such is the case when I am asked:
"Do you get enough sleep?"
"Is money ever an issue?"
"Do you eat well?"
"Do you eat at all?"
"Do you ever regret transferring?"
"Was changing schools easy?"
"Do you feel confident that you will get a job when you graduate?"
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
They're dropping all this money to send their kids to school, so who am I to piss on the parade?
Ozzie Guillen Jr. is going to Columbia now and had his session today. I guess that's exciting. I heard he had a real attitude though. Orientation is no place for attitude.
The lunches have been alright. The sandwiches are good but the cookies and other snacks has been an issue. In the summer we always had good cookies and decent chips. Sometimes there were DOOR COUNTY chips, which taste like heaven and peanut oil. However, this time around we get the reject snacks. Goldfish? I guess that's alright. But Pretzels? PRETZELS? Where are the Doritos? No one wants PRETZELS we want CHIPS! Orientation is no place for pretzels. And the cookie situation. Used to be nice chocolate chip and sugar cookies. Now? Fig Newtons. Lorna Doone's if we're lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
columbia college* prepares young adults for the real world.
"*" indicates the it is, in fact, a place where people go to "learn".
fig newtons make me regular.
i mean i eat fig neutans regularly.
jess
when are we going to nap together again? i *meow* you.
Post a Comment