
This is who I've been watching this week. Small cameo of my foot.

And this is what see when I look out the window.
Not a bad deal, I'd say.
I thought it would be harder to be away for a week. I felt like I'd be all upset like I was missing out on stuff. But to be honest, aside from being bored and usually kind of lonely, it's been pretty nice. Pretty nice to just be by myself in this cool place with this cool dog and not worry about people wanting to hang out or go do something or go some place silly with the entire group. Just me, the dog, and cable television. I've seen every episode of Meet The Barkers. Who wants to touch me?
I probably won't be writing in here as much anymore. Sorry. Cry a little. I know you are. Twigger probably just died a little inside. For that, I aplogize. But I have 5 classes this semester, and in 3 of those classes I'm required to keep a journal. That means I'm currently writing in 4 different journals, counting this. And since Blogger isn't grading me, it has to be the first one thrown to the curb.
Here's a thought. Disney Imagineers (the people that design the theme parks and rides, for those of you who don't know. Idiots!) quit and get jobs that mean something. Wow, that's really cool that there are over 3,000 parts in the 2 foot tall Stitch that make it the most lifelike technologically advanced animatronic robot. But...how about if you find a more efficient way to use fossil fuels? Congratulations on combining a centrifuge and simulator to create a ride in which you feel actual G-forces comparable to that of an actual space launch. Now go cure cancer.
Today was the SGA retreat. We had to come up with an adjective that had the same letter as our name. Sarcastic Steve, right? No. I decided to be different. Now everybody on the Student Government will forever know me as Stupid Steve. Talk about digging your own hole.
Classes are good. Critical Studies of TV will be a lot of fun because we do a LOT of watching TV. For the first class we watched the 5th episode of Battlestar Galactica. That was not preferable. Especially since it was the 5th episode, so even if I WANTED to pay attention I couldn't because I had no idea what was going on. And come on, Battlestar Galactica? And this kid that sits behind me is the BIGGEST douche bag I've ever met. When he talks he sounds just like the comic book guy from The Simpsons. You'd think he was purposely doing an impression it is that dead on. And he talks about the same shit comic book guy would talk about.
"You won't find a bigger fan of the original Night Stalker than me!" he says with a lisp.
So you know what this means, right? Now I'm going to end up being friends with him, he'll add me on AIM, find the link to this site, and read what I just said. And then I'll be embarassed and have to come up with some half ass excuse like "Oh I was...talking about someone else" to which he'll respond "No you weren't. Because that's exactly the excuse you SAID you'd use as a half ass excuse! I read you're fucking blog remember?!" Then we'll throw down and I'll win because I'm not as big of a douche bag as him.
The girlfriend search. I've decided that now is the perfect time to find a new girlfriend, since classes just started and I'm meeting all these new people. It's been going alright. There are definitely some potentials but once you take away the ones that you know won't like you, the ones that won't like you more than a friend, the ones that seem cool at first but turn out to be weird, and the ones that may or may not have made out with your roommate at a party, it becomes slim pickin'. The problem is my ideal girlfriend doesn't exist at Columbia. I want a girl that paints her toenails. I want her to take 30 minutes to get ready (rolling out of bed is just not enough effort and 45 minutes is too high maintainance). I want her to make fun of all my friends but still like them. I want her to have her own group of friends the way I want to have my own group of friends. She should want to kiss in public but hate when we see other people doing it. She has to listen to Top 40 music that I will continually complain about. She has to hate my music too. And I want us to always disagree on what movies to go see but always end up finding one that we both liked. I want her to make fun of me the way I intend to make fun of her. I want her to think Valentine's Day is stupid but still get mad if I don't take her out. I want her to not smoke, yell at me if I am having a drunk cigarette, and then take it from me and smoke it herself. I want her to be more of a girly girl than any of my friends would expect me to date. But I also want her to sometimes be lazy and go out in a hooded sweatshirt and track pants. She has to love people watching. She needs to be able to do shots of Skol and chase it with bottle water if necessary. And when we walk we hold hands and she swings them back and forth wildly like we ar 4 years old.
3 comments:
First of all, I DIED. Please please please at least let me know you are alive once a week. Plus, your "classes" can't be THAT time consuming and hard... you go to Columbia College*.
I don't even want to address the GFS at the moment. Call me.
Texas Caviarrrrrr. Foood Garbage. RELISH. BedNightLove.
Hey it's Jess.
Your blog changed my life!
P.S. If you give away what happens on Meet the Barkers I'll slit your throat. I promise I'll do it!!!
oooo, good blog, good blog. If there were kudos, I'd give you two. And I don't just hand out the kudos.
Post a Comment