Sunday, March 12, 2006

Mean Green Machine

I got two e-mails from my teacher. The first was a reminder to sign up for extra lab time outside of class to finish our projects. The second was an e mail specifically to a girl who had missed class 3 times from being sick. The e mail went into detail on how she can't get anything higher than a C on any assignment for the rest of the semester. She can't miss or be late again or she fails. She is on "probation." I just can't figure out why the teacher would send that e mail to the entire class. Doesn't that seem wrong? That's gotta go against student/teacher confidentiality or something. If it was my problem and the teacher sent an e-mail to the whole class, I'd be pissed. Wouldn't you? Call now to vote! Press 1 for yes, 2 for no.

We signed a lease. We got an apartment. It's in Lincoln Park on W. Lill right by the Fullerton stop. Super close to the L, bars, DePaul parties, and restaurants open past 8 pm. I'm really excited, it's gonna be fun. Matt and I signed for the place because Jeff was out of town, and I feel really bad about doing that to Jeff but the place is awesome and I know he'll like it. The rooms are all big and the same size, which was key.

I met with the guys from the agency at the portfolio center on Friday. It was both good and bad. It was good because I got some really helpful information about writing for television. It was bad because when he picked up my script he said "I just didn't get it." At first I was disappointed. I mean, since I was half expecting him to love Off The Clock and want to see it to Showtime and move me to Hollywood to start working immediately, "I just didn't get it" was not quite the best case scenario. Then I realized he didn't even read the script. He read the first few sentences of the treatement (synopsis of the show) and that's it. So I learned the greatest lesson of all from him. People in the industry are not my teachers. My teachers get paid to read my stuff. It is their responsibilty to go from start to finish. This guy didn't have to do that. And the first sentence wasn't good enough for him so he put it back into my olive green Five Star folder from Mead and went on to something else. Disappointing...but a good lesson.

So...this weekend. Well...Baggy seemed upset that he missed all of the events but I can assure everyone this weekend was no more special than last weekend and will most likely be no more special than next weekend. It was fun and all, don't get me wrong.

I was going to write a little recap of everything that happened this weekend but I realized that every story would start with "I didn't want to go but I did anyway and it was fun." I need to improve this attitude. Every time we go out I refuse. Then I go and its good times.

Highlights of the weekend include:

Actually getting SLC for once.

Libby declaring her bisexuality to 7-11 and Jimmy Ray.

Libby undeclaring her bisexuality the next morning.

The trip to the train after the party on Belmont.

The awesome weather.

Hearing about Ryan's incident in the hallway.

And this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture is pretty amazing.
I hope you have a comfy couch, because I plan on passing out on it several times next year.