Friday, March 31, 2006

Boo, Dude!

Every time I try to write in this thing I end up erasing it halfway through. I decide that I can't write about the things I do in a funny enough fashion, so I just delete and go back to my daily routine of looking at Facebook photo albums of people I don't know. And not only that, many of the deleted entried have also started with "Every time I try to write in this thing I end up erasing it halfway through." So let's see if this one ever gets published. I've just painted myself into a corner, I suppose. I'm so clever and funny that it's hard to keep topping myself.

What have I been doing lately? Hmmmm...Well in Aesthetics & Storytelling II we had to make a story on the computer using nothing but sound. Voice over, music, sound effects, dialogue, that kind of thing. Well, a small known fact about me is that I hate to do things. Anything. I hate it. So needless to say the first half of Spring Break consisted of me telling myself "I'll do it tomorrow." Finally, since I was going home on Thursday, I realized that I had no choice but to go to the lab and get it done on Wednesday. I went to the lab Wednesday and the door was closed. I assumed that this meant that the lab was closed all of Spring Break. Relieved that I no longer had anything to do for the day, I left. I later discovered that the workers were just on lunch and that the lab was totally open. Ahhh well.

So the only time before class that I had was Tuesday for about 2 hours. I didn't get to record my dialogue with Ashley, nor did I get the sound clip of people yelling "Surprise!" which was somewhat important since the story is about a surprise party. So basically I had half a story and no "Surprise!" But due to some quick thinking and magnificent stage presence on my account, I managed to get by.

Oh! So on Sunday before I came back from home, my mom and I were arguing. Then I told her I was going out that night and going to go out and get drunk. I only said it to piss her off, but as a matter of fact my smart remark turned out to be a sort of prophecy. Turns out it was Dietz's birthday and Courtney through her a party at Tantrum. Now, for being a Sunday night I figured this would be a low key night. Sit around, have some drinks. Chill.

This was before the topless waitress arrived. This was before the stripper. This was before the 8 or 9 Blue Moons I consumed. This was before Jacob and the topless waitress were inexplicably tending the bar (and not charging). This was before I drew a cat on Kim's boob and started calling her "Kitty Titty". This is before I started flirting with Volpe's lesbian roommate. This was before Jacob made us minty green shots that Kim referred to as "some Goosebumps shit." This was before a lot of things. I left at about 7:30, telling everyone I'd be back soon. That I was just going to have a beer and wish Lindsey a happy birthday. And I meant it! Ahhhh welcome to college.

So that's that.

No comments: