Sunday, March 19, 2006

RetroBlogging

While I continue to work on Chapter 6 (I must admit, the thought of these things being published has really made writing them a lot more of a challenge) I have decided to start something new. You see, long long ago, the summer before I started college, I created a DeadJournal account. Not long after, I moved over to LiveJournal. Needless to say, I have quite a bit of old entries under my belt. Some of them are pretty interesting, so I've decided to start sharing some of the choice back entries.

This is one of my earliest ever. It's called "Cat Burglar" and was written on August 17th, 2002! I hadn't even moved out of my house yet.

So I had to break into my house just now. My brother decided to lock the door for once and I wasn't home. But it was pretty easy. While I was crawling through the window I realized that if i want to do anything, i can do it. It's not a matter or drive or persistance I don't think. It's a matter of I want it, so I'm gonna get it it.
The ice cream truck never comes past my house anymore. I can always hear his music but he's always in a different subdivision. It doesn't bother me as much as it should. When I was a kid staying at my grandmas house I was never allowed to get ice cream from the ice cream man. I always figured it was because she already had all sorts of shit in the freezer for me but I now realize that it was because my grandma lives in Detroit and her neighborhood is so ghetto I probably would have gotten shot dead on the sidewalk for my Screwball. Remember Screwballs? It was the nastiest kind of ice cream sherbet crap in a plastic cone with a gumball in the middle. For some reason we thought screwballs were the best because they had gum when looking back I could have saved my money and bought a pack of bubblicious or something.

Everyone is going away. It's actually pretty sad. Some people have left and a lot more leave this week. It's kind of like the week before Christmas. You know Christmas is coming up really soon but you just can't believe it and you feel as though its a lot farther away than it really is. I know I'll see the people that I care about again and that it's not really goodbye but it's still kind of sad. It doesn't make me happy. You know what else doesn't make me happy is the chicken whopper at Burger King. It's just a frikkin' chicken sandwich! It tastes exactly the same as the other chicken sandwich. I don't know what I was expecting but the chicken whopper was definately an underwhelming experience.


Don't you like how I go from a sentimental feeling of my friends going away to bitching about a sandwich at Burger King? Tell me, is it aggravating or just another one of my charming quirks?

Here's one from a few months later. Halfway through my Freshman year at WMU. It's called "2002 in Review" and was written January 2nd, 2003.

Good things:
Graduating, leaving behind the shitheads in Novi, The Vines, "The Rules Of Attraction", late night trips to Denny's with Cody, California with Brent, chilaxing on Robbie's couch, going to Western, partying at Western, Home Town Hero, New Years at Ashley's, the A*Teens concert, hanging out with Alicia again, Halloween, the day after Halloween, meeting Lit with Brynne, drinking in the girls bathroom at 6 AM, getting 5th in the state for Forensics with Todd, snowboarding, turning 18, Mychelle Hopkins jokes, "Kiss Of The Spiderwoman" with Carissa, smoker's island, tape recording strange conversations, Power Stone 2, laying by the pool at Redwood, laying by my pool at home, working at Leslie's, quitting PacSun, Bronco Days, buying little boys Superman underwear and T-Shirts, Canada with Danny, "Gangs Of New York", FM Nation, the rec, WATER'S COMING!, trying out for Real World in Chicago with Mark and Sarah, 8- Legged Freaks, Seeing Jay Leno, Uncle Jim's crazy antics, Sand Castles with Brent, Bad TV with Ashwini, and more...

Bad things...
THAI FOOD!!!! The last semester of Senior year, half the people I graduated with, bouts of random depression, my roommate, getting in trouble at NBC, WB, and Nickelodeon studios, Christian Slater sightings, breaking up with Robbie, scars from punching walls, cell phone troubles, Avril Lavigne, people being in my room when I want to sleep, Real World Las Vegas, getting pulled over for not speeding, being written up twice for stupid things I'm innocent of, walking to class in the rain, the last 3 weeks at Pacific Sunwear, being bored over summer, reading for class, and so on...


And one more. From January 15th, 2003. A short entry entitled "My roommate isn't up for his class and I'm not going to wake him!"

Funny Observation Of The Day:
The black female bus driver that always yells at us to move to the back of the bus

Things I Have Injured This Weekend While Drunk:
-Split my chin running into a door
-Rug burn on my left arm as a result of being tackled after an unsuccessful doorbell ditch
-Bruise on front top of head from bathroom wall
-Bruise on back of head from falling down stairs
-Bruised knee, causes unknown
-Scratched right leg, causes unknown
-Bruised right arm, causes unknown
-Scratched knuckles from punching the door I split my chin on





Who the hell was I?

Chapter 6. Coming eventually. I promise.

No comments: