I just want to reiterate the fact that I hate LA and I'm miserable. Not because I want sympathy. Not because I want to go home. Not because I'm lying.
But because I want to look back on this part of my life in five years, whether I'm still in California and loving it, or back in Chicago, or selling tea-cozies made out of horse fur in Shipshewana, and remember how much I hate life right now. Because then I'll think to myself "Well, I'm so happy with where I am today, and I know that I'm a better, stronger, and faster(rule of three, every comic's best friend) because of hitting that low point." Without the bitter, the sweet just ain't as sweet. I'm fucking motivated, man. People seem to forget how driven I am. I want to do what I want to do and no smog-ridden, asshole-infested, earthquake-prone shithole of a town is going to stop me from doing what I've set out to do. Plus, my parents paid a lot for my college.
I'm in on a Friday night blogging. That should tell you how bitter we're talking here. However, that will just make the proverbial sweet even tastier when it comes along.
I'm also fasting from AIM. One week, at least. I've already uninstalled it, so this is pretty serious. I think AIM is fantastic and shudder at the mere thought of graduating college in an era without instant communication with friends right at my fingertips, but I also shudder at how much I use it. And for the most meaningless of conversations, too. No, not you, Jess! U no I b luvin' wut we share. So, no AIM for a week. Gives me a chance to write. Gives me a chance to go out and meet people (yeah fucking right, where am I gonna go?) Gives me a chance to spend less time reading away messages and moping.
Universal sent me my last paycheck. Suckers, I totally wasn't even going to ask for it. I considered it a "sorry I quit and fucked you over" payment. But hey, I could totally use that forty bucks right now.
Well, that's all I've really got. I want to revise my earl script for the last time and be COMPLETELY done with it, and write that sketch I've been talking about all week, so now that my life is sans instant messanger, that should be a bit easier. My computer might be AIMless, but I sure as hell am not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I had a dream last night I went back to Chicago for our family reunion. And by "our," I mean the lovelies. Weird enough though, it ended up with a lot of Russians and black people. Chris Rock is apparently a part of our family too, and his helicopter flew over us all (there was TONS of us) while we shouted hello into his wife's phone (Chris Rock is way to busy to come to our family reunion right now, obviously). Did I mention the helicopter was shaped like a dinosaur's mouth?
Moral of the story: When life gets you down... we love and are always thinking about you- even if you "show" up to our family reunion via cellphone while your wife hangs out of a large dinosaur mouth helicopter yelling for us to shout hello.
AHHHHH no aim!?!?!?!
You are a brave, brave man.
BABE! wut u doin' wit owt me all da tyme??? U no wut i alwayz sey tho- put urself out dere!!!!
Come back, I miss you.
p.s. figgin' tig old milky bitties
Post a Comment