I feel like I haven't really experienced much here. This thought occurred to me when pulled out my digital camera and realized I haven't taken a single picture in over a month. Once again, I blame it on the fact that I have no one to go places with. Once Flavin is out here, I promise you pix aplenty. But for now...anyone wishing I'd stop writing blogs that alternate between "I LOVE IT!" and "I HATE IT!" and want some juicy Hollywood bullshit, here you go.
-I stood in line in front of Marisa's little sister from The OC at Pinkberry.
-I walk down a street they use for Brothers & Sisters every day.
-I delivered a script to someone who is apparently very important at Disney. I had to go into this immaculate building. Even though I'm interning on the lot and have every right to be there, I still felt underdressed, because this place (it's called Team Disney) is gigantic, pristine, and intimidating. The pillars of the building are carved into the shape of the seven dwarves, and you can always tell which couriers haven't been on the lot before, because they stand in the parking lot taking cell phone pictures of it. Anyway, you walk in, and you're absolutely convinced that everybody is looking at you because you're wearing a black zip-up hooded sweatshirt and sneakers. Even though the important guy you're delivering to isn't dressed up either, the entire office gives off the distinct impression that they don't want you there and that you suck at life. It also smells like the Pirates of the Carribbean ride, for some reason.
- My friend Cam from Columbia is in San Diego this weekend, so I'm planning on driving down there tomorrow after Improv and spending the night. I'm excited because not only do I get to see a friend, but I get to go do something fun and California-like.
- The homeless people in LA are 300000 times crazier than the ones in Chicago. Fortunately, Weinstein is in an upscale neighborhood and Offspring is in Burbank, so I never really get to see them except when I'm driving up La Brea to get home. They're never out in the morning, it seems.
- Britney Spears has been rehearsing at a studio not to far from where I live.
- I have been putting off any sort of scriptwriting for far too long, so before I go to bed I'm going to finish an outline for 30 Rock and write a five page sketch that will end up not being funny.
There. See? My life in LA is slightly more fun than I let on. I think once I get a solid group of friends and have stuff to do, I surely won't mind living out here as much. I think I'm going to make some good friends in Improv, and the other interns start at Weinstein in a few weeks, so I'm crossing my fingers that pretty soon I'll have stories and pictures to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'll give you ten bucks if you sneak into britney spears studio, steal one of her wigs, and mail it to me.
It's weird to think Britney Spears rehearses around you because sometimes I convince myself she doesn't exist.
Remember the music from Pinkberry? Soooo catchy! I love Marissa's lil sis, her real name is Willa! Oh, Bitch please I PARTY AT CAMS!
Post a Comment