Monday, April 09, 2007

This is a Microsoft Word blog. I’m writing it in my nook (nook? knook? knuk?) at Weinstein. Actually, I don’t even really have a nook. My boss has a nook. I have a small piece of that. A fraction of the knuk, if you will. It is now 10:30 and Karen is not here. I’ve been here since 9:30. I opened up Final Draft to write some sort of funny sketch that I had an idea for (about a crazy uncle, inspired by the true-life story of my crazy uncle), but I’m just not all that inspired for fiction right now. Maybe later.

Update: Karen is not coming in. She’s got a migraine. So now I’m sitting in a slightly more cramped corner of a slightly bigger office, with my laptop crammed up between a fax machine and a printer. I’ve been told to sit tight until they have something for me to do, but it’s now 11 and I’m still chilaxing. They (and by “they” I mean the British guy who has adopted me as his own for the day) told me to hang tight and go on the internet, but since the IT people haven’t set me up for the wireless network at Weinstein, I can’t get on. Which means there really isn’t a whole lot for me to do on my computer besides type on word and scroll through my massive collection of Victorian-themed pornography.

This weekend I went to Huntington Beach for Easter. It was nice. I wish it was sunnier so that I could have enjoyed more time at the ocean, but it was still relaxing overall. I got up early on Sunday and ran a few miles on the beach, then I watched the surfers by the pier. I really, really, want to surf. But interning full time means no income. No income means no surfing. It also means no fixing the scratch on my car, no new clothes, and no fancy non-sandwich dinners. I’ll survive, though. And if money gets so tight, I’m sure I’ll find a decent job for weekends, if need be.

I’ve been here for nearly two hours and all I’ve done so far is make a phone call.

Oh wow, I just met a girl at Weinstein who is dating a kid I went to high school with. She knows a bunch of my high school friends, and a bunch of people from Columbia. Small world. If Karen didn’t have a migraine I never would have discovered this. Crazy.

Bored. Computer with no internet is so useless.




UPDATE:
Boss never came in. I read a script and wrote coverage. Had Baja Fresh for lunch. The end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to clean, but I can't find music that suits my mood.

Eh, maybe it won't work out.

Try leaving post-its on everything. It makes for a more interesting day at work.

Anonymous said...

BAJA FRESH? That gave me the shits once. Doesn't sound like you're eating too poorly there in LA!

Anonymous said...

that reminded me of a journal log. not like the kind you post on the internet or write all your dirty little secrets in, but one of those kind that sailors keep.

6:05 p.m.
Still no boss. Things are beginning to look desolate. I don't know if I'll make it. Extreme boredom has set in, lethargy is sure to follow. If I don't live through this, tell the wife I love her and I'm sure I baby will be beautiful.

Kara Lynn said...

I love this post.