Sunday, April 29, 2007

200 BLOGS!!

This is it! The big 200! I probably wouldn't have updated so soon after Chapter 11, but then I realized that I was at 200 and I had to do SOMETHING.

So, to celebrate 200 blogs, I've compiled some highlights. It's like one of those episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond where the writers ran out of ideas and the actors wanted to go home early, so instead of actually make an episode they just showed a bunch of clips from previous episodes.

September 20th, 2005
On an unrelated but equally relevant topic, I got an interview to work on the Jerry Springer Show. Isn't that funny? A little over a year ago I was making magic at Disney World, now I'll be working with trailer trash and mexican midgets. Well...maybe the difference between Disney and Springer isn't as big as one would think after all...


October 15th, 2005
Haha. Classy awards. In our little group, whoever does the most ridiculous things when they are drunk recieve the Classy award for the week. The first time I won was because I was still drunk at noon without ever going to bed. The second time was for not only swallowing Ashley's gum, but for drinking a 40 in plain sight on the train. Ohhh college.


November 13th, 2005
HAPPY 200th JESS! HERE'S TO 200 MORE!
I am, of course, referring to how many pounds Jess Dangles has lost since going on the South Beach diet! At this rate she might even be able to get out of bed by Christmas!


January 3rd, 2006
Maggie ate bologna off the floor and Jacob went psycho crazy and ate everything and anything. In our second adventure, Maggie took the bag from a box of wine, put it in her purse, and named it Super Tati. We shared stories about salad bars, mandarin oranges, and bringing home the bacon, all in reference to someone's vagina.


February 17th, 2006
Well it seems everyone was on top of their game last night.
Steph and Libby made out like 3 times. Jess and I gave eachother hickies in the recliner while she played Kelly Clarkson repeatedly and sang along. Everyone else locked themselves in Ashleys bedroom. Then there's the "formal" that I'm not even going to say anything about. I could go on and on, but that's not cool because my good friends are putting it on and I will be respectful. I hope everyone who goes has fun, but I must politely decline my invitation. Thanks, but no thanks.


February 21st, 2006
















April 22nd, 2006
Is it really April 22? Seriously? No. It can't be. HP must have programmed the calender function of my computer wrong. RandomHouse has made a mistake in my tear-a-page calender. April. 22. Hardly. Just a few weeks ago I was oling up my face and hair to dress like a mechanic, in our bathroom that was covered in blood from Matt's costume. And how long ago did Jess give me the bacon tape for Christmas? Couldn't have been that long. Wasn't Dani sitting on my floor cutting out paper shapes while I played X-Men Legends II right after that?


May 20th, 2006
It was a good birthday. Jeff and Matt bought me an M&M's ice cream cake.


July 11th. 2006
Jess and I really should have a babysitter. Because we are children. We talk like children and we act like children. And alcohol only exacerbates this tendency. Perhaps I should mention the picture we took of putting our heads in the oven. Or the somersaults off of her brothers bed. Or rapping to 50 Cent and L'il Kim's "Magic Stick" at least 50 times. And let's not forget the mad libs. Walking over to her place, I knew that drunk mad libs with Dangles was going to be the icing on the cake. Unfortunately, due to the extreme amount of disgusting, volatile, racist, crude, and utterly filthy language we chose to use in said mad libs, I don't feel that this is a good place to post them.

August 8th, 2006
The most memorable OL experience so far definitely has to be when Jacob, Cam, Millie, and I watched Final Destination 3. Holy shit, what an evening that turned out to be. If you don't know why, then I guess you'll have to just wonder. It was bucknutty, to say the least. Lollapalooza was awesome. I was wondering if I would have as good of a time this year as I did last year. I most definitely did. even though I wasn't nearly as excited about the line-up, there were tons of bands that blew me away.

September 16th, 2006
Thanks to Baggy, and the fact that I happened to be friends with his new boss, I managed to snag a job as an office assistant at Student Affairs. It's pretty laid back and there's even time to do homework, so it's hard to complain about the work situation.

October 31st, 2006
Highlights-

-Jess Dangles spanking me with her whip and yelling "This is what slavery is like!"
-Maggie doing yoga in the middle of a party

-Elroy humping Wenda

-Going up to every single person I encountered that night and saying "I didn't know you were coming tonight!" over and over and over.

-Stealing a pumpkin decoration from Clark's
-Kicking a hole in someone's iPod costume

-Finding a Spiderman mask and telling Maggie to put it on. She did.

-This:
I REFUSED to get off of that tire until somebody took my picture. Luckily Kate jumped up and joined me, otherwise this moment would have been long forgotten.
-Stepping on a girls foot and getting punched

-Getting inexplicably mad at someone dressed as the game Twister and telling everyone at the burrito place how much they sucked

-Trying to piss off every stranger I met

-Giving the Mexican guy at the burrito place 20 dollars for change and him walking away, then coming back acting like I never gave him a 20.

-Shielding Maggie while she pee'd in a doorway right on the corner of Halsted and Belmont
-The plethora of stupid things we did but I will never remember.


January 1st, 2007
Happy New Year! Jesus take the wheel!


January 12th, 2007
The run.
It's weird that everything I've been working on for the past four months is over. The entire trip to Disney was incredible. I had an absolutely amazing time. It was the single most rewarding experience of my life, and hopefully I can convince at least one other person to do it next year. (No, not just go to Florida, but raise the money and train. If I can find the time, anyone can.)


January 30th, 2007
Things I hate at the moment:

Being sick because of the incident on Friday in which I had to make sure drunk Kara got home safe, as she continued to fall down, get in cars with strangers, piss people off, make out with old men, and or just plain refuse to keep walking. It was not unlike The Canterbury Tales.


February 12th, 2007
I’m excited to be moving on with my life and to try new things. I’m finally going to pursue what I’ve wanted to do all my life, and it’s exciting. I wish everyone actually could come with. In a physical sense, not just some cheesy sentimental blog post way. But at the same time, I love the fact that I have friends all over the world. And I know that all the people who are important to me will not be leaving my life any time soon.


March 4th, 2007
I'm really enjoying myself out here. A lot. I know that a lot of that has to do with the fact that it's barely been a week and I'm still in the honeymoon phase, and that soon the novelty of going to class at CBS Studios will wear off and I'll start to miss Chicago and everyone back there. And I'll of course find ways to make myself miserable like always. I have friends out here, which is good. I saw Rob last night, and I'm friends with the neighbors and with a bunch of people from class, but I just don't see myself meeting another group like the gang back in Chicago. Don't cry for me, though. I'm having the time of my life.

April 13th, 2007
I just want to reiterate the fact that I hate LA and I'm miserable. Not because I want sympathy. Not because I want to go home. Not because I'm lying. But because I want to look back on this part of my life in five years, whether I'm still in California and loving it, or back in Chicago, or selling tea-cozies made out of horse fur in Shipshewana, and remember how much I hate life right now. Because then I'll think to myself "Well, I'm so happy with where I am today, and I know that I'm a better, stronger, and faster(rule of three, every comic's best friend) because of hitting that low point.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get a muffin, sir, and congratulations and happy 200th!

Anonymous said...

pour yourself a glass of Jewel brand orange juice into a wine glass! Loved da blog! Loved how I was in it so many times 2! I read those mad libs outloud the other day and still chuckled. I'd print them hear but I'd probably get in trouble.

Anonymous said...

what scares me ais that you've been blogging here instead of myspace for that long. It still feels like a recent development. Oh yeah, steve couldn't have switched to blogger more than, oh say, 5 or 6 months ago.

Try almost 2 years

Congrats!