Thursday, April 05, 2007

not the band

Let me start by saying that all I eat these days are sandwiches. That's it. Lunch and dinner on a daily basis. Sandwiches. With two unpaid internships takng up all of my time, I can't afford much else. Maybe I'll buy some pitas next time I grocery shop (as long as I don't go over my $30 a week on groceries limit). Don't get me wrong, I'm not regretting accepting offers from both Weinstein and Offspring. I'm just sick of sandwiches.

Offspring is really cool. It's super relaxed, and I basically sit on a comfy couch and read all day. My boss is really really cool, too. I'm excited for the people at both my internships to get to know me and discover that I'm not some weird asshole, because it's been brought to my attention before that I'm not the best with first impressions.

Anyway...Offspring. I basically read scripts all day, just like I do at Weinstein. Today I read the script for an upcoming Adam Sandler movie that we're making, so in a year or so when that comes out, I get to feel special and say "oh em gee I remember when that was in development!" The best part of Offspring is that we are on the Disney lot, so I get an awesome badge and get to feel super cool parking on the lot and walking past all the soundstages. And I can eat lunch at the fancy commissary with all the famous people. My boss saw The Rock today. I didn't see him, but I could faintly smell what he was cooking.

Neither of my internships have to do with TV, which sucks, but these are what are going to get me an opportunity to have an agent read my stuff. Or, they will at least lead to a job that will lead to an agent reading my stuff. It's hard to complain when you're just starting out. My concern at this point, believe it or not, is that my internships will lead to a successful well-paying job and I will end up deciding that I DO like LA and won't go back to Chicago. Although by the time I came back to Chicago, everyone would most likely be gone anyway.

Oh, I got to go to a free screeing of Grindhouse last night. It's a fucking sweet movie. I also saw Shy Labuff at the premiere of Disturbia. I don't know how to spell his name, but it's too fucking hard so I'm not even gonna try. He should change it to something easier to sound out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy some canned soup or ramen! Spice up your life! MMMM Makes me want taco bell! Shouldn't! Won't! I WANT it, but don't NEED it! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I think it might be "Shia." No wait, that looks weird.

You're still going to Chicago for graduation, right?

Let's just call him S.B. I don't think he'll mind. After all, you two will be BFF. Maybe he'll even introduce you to Amanda. Do you think S.B. can really golf or was the whole movie a LIE?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of having a sandwich for dinner, but you made them seem really unappetizing right now. THANKS.