Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sorry Dani

I promised a chapter eleven, but it turns out the version I wrote a few months ago is gone, so I'm going to have to start over. Disney is a hard one to write about because there's just so much to cover, and I feel overwhelmed just thinking about it. It's like scaling Mount Everest, only without the lack of oxygen and high chance of impending death.

Anyway...Disney. Chapter 11. Some day. I promise.

I just can't be funny and creative in this blog right now. My spec for My Name is Earl basically drained all that out of me. But hot damn I am so proud of how that script turned out. The class really seemed to like it, and even the teachers had a lot of good things to say. Good to know that the tireless nights I stayed up until 4am revising were worth it. I just need to revise it one more time based on the notes from todays table (only four scripts were chosen to be tabled. Mine was chosen by a guest speaker who used to work on Freaks and Geeks and Roseanne. Yeah. Kinda cool.) and I'm officially done with it. Then it will sit around while I intern at The Weinstein Company and Offspring Entertainment, and as I try to find a way to get an agent to read it. I'll probably submit it in my application for the Warner Brothers Writers Workshop, but that program is so competitive and the odds are not in my favor so I'm not going to get my hopes up. Although it would be incredible beyond words.

Today was also my auditon at Groundlings. If all went well, which I'm confident it did, I'll be placed out of the intro workshops and into the actual school.

Then I came back and had to take an online Bio test. Now, I failed the last test, never studied, never read the chapters, don't even own the book, and have no idea what hemoglobin is, but I still managed to get a semi-solid 31/39. Internet classes really should be banned, since Wikipedia pretty much helps those of us who don't care about learning overcome any challenge.

Last night was another 4am night, and I'm starting to pass out. You know when you have those crazy little mini-dreamlike thoughts right before you're about to fall asleep? I think I've been in one all day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could take an online class. Tired? Hit up da Starbucks- heard they just got one in Cali!

Anonymous said...

I think Bon Jovi is the best singer ever. Not to mention he's hot.

ps, I'd just like you to know that Dani probably got really excited when she saw her name in the subject.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

There's a baggy imposter somewhere in this blog.

P.S. it might be the one who doesn't use dots in their P.S.'s