Friday, March 23, 2007

Have I really not blogged in a week???

The parents got mad at me today because I overdrew on my checking and they found out that I'm out of money. They're not mad I'm out of money. They're mad that I didn't call and ask for help. I dunno, I just try to be as self-reliant as possible. They pay for my college and let me do the semester in LA, so asking for anything extra would make me feel guilty. Everything's taken care of, now. And tomorrow I'm setting up a bank account at the Universal credit union for my paychecks. It will be nice to have ATM usage again, since there are no National City Banks out here and it's getting annoying that I have to run inside target and by some Bubble Tape just to get cash back to go to City Walk.

Class is great. I'm bummed it's almost over. We've had some amazing speakers come in and talk to us. Actual successful people, too, not like the halfway-there teachers at Columbia who never seemed to make it. One of the big producers for Malcolm In The Middle came in, and the showrunner for Bernie Mac, and a ton of people that wrote for different shows. Did I ever mention that my teacher was a producer on Full House? I meant to.

I got an internship, but it's not my top choice. I'd love to get something more exciting that's on a lot and has some big names, but none of those people seem to be returning my phone calls or emails, and I think that I better just take what I can get. So, as of now, I will probably be interning at Underground Films (www.undergroundfilms.net). The people there are really cool, and since it's small it's a great opportunity to make contacts with important people. Plus, there's a dog.

I don't feel like writing anymore.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The older I get, the more I feel guilty asking/needing things. Though I know I need help, and they don't mind- it just gets harder to ask.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can walk the dog for extra cash! Remember when Shiloh double dumped for me? I'm getting nostalgic over here!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I had the same problem last week when columbia cheated me out of a paycheck because the accounting lady was cranky. I had to call out a parent loan and I always hate doing that, even though I know they're completely willing to help.