I'm keeping quite busy these days. Aside from school and work I'm trying to go out and do as much as I can. Case in point, last night I went to go see two plays that my teacher produced. It was opening night and we got in free, and it was an excellent opportunity to brown nose. Seriously, me? Brown nosing? Has LA changed me that much in such a small period of time? The plays were pretty good. One was about a court room drama and the other was about a couple in a fertility clinic. All of my college education must be paying off because I was able to analyze the themes and characters and figure out why two plays that were so completely different shared the same bill.
Tonight I'm staying in. I have another day of orientation at Universal tomorrow and I'm already tired and with daylight savings time...I'm just not up to going out. That's right, anyone who hasn't seen my updated facebook info may not know this. I have officially accepted a job at Universal Studios Hollywood. I knew the Disney College Program would come back to help me out later on in life. I have enough money for April's rent but not much else, so this is a good way for me to make spending money. I'm actually really excited to be back in a theme park. When we first walked backstage (yes, Universal calls it "backstage" also), I remembered how exciting it was and how important I felt when I first got to go behind the scenes at Disney World. It will be a good job. It will be flexible around my internship, which is what's most important.
Tuesday I'm going to Hollywood for the Museum of Television and Radio's Paley Festival Panel with the cast and crew of Jericho. Yes, ladies, even Skeet Ulrich will be there. I'm really excited for this. I've started watching episodes of the show online to catch up and be prepared. It's actually pretty good. I recommend it to anyone with similar tastes as me. Baggy will be disappointed to know that the panel with the entire cast and crew of Heroes was tonight and I did not attend. That one sold out fast and was by far the biggest night of the festival. I went to try to get standby tickets, but it didn't seem promising so I left.
Wednesday I'm seeing a show at Groundlings. I dropped my pointless improv class because of work, and because I realized that I'm a bit more advanced than Basic Level Workshop A. I have an audition for a higher on the 19th.
Friday I'm going to a taping of Two and a Half Men. I really don't like this show. At all. But it's a good experience and should be fun. Plus, when you watch live shows being taped, everything is always HILARIOUS. Like Leno. When you're in the studio and he gives his monologue, he's the funniest man in the world. Then you watch that episode at night and barely crack a smile. The magic of television, I suppose.
This was boring. I didn't even try to be clever and insightful. But look how much fun stuff I'm doing!!!!
I get two free tickets to Universal. First two people who come out here get them. It's a new competition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I wish I lived in LA. I love Jericho too. Could you take lots of pics if you are up close and post them?
Could you please fill us in after you see the "Jericho" cast at the Paley Festival?
Love the show-have from the beginning-so I'd be curious to hear all about it!
Thanks!
If you send me something from Universal Studios "backstage," I'll send you a badge from the library I work at.
I want them! I've been to Universal and I went on the Jurassic Park ride! ARRRR! Look, I'm a dinosaur! RARRRRR! RARRR
If I get the tickets can I bring the detective?
Post a Comment