Monday, February 26, 2007

5 random facts to let you know I'm still alive.

5. In and Out Burgers are okay. That's it. Just okay.

4. Today I got to go to the set of CSI NY, According to Jim, and a lecture with Will Forte (current SNL cast member) and Lorraine Newman (one of the original SNL cast members). The lecture was at Groundlings. It was really inspiring and I'm so glad that I'm going back into performance stuff, especially Improv. I mean, I was an Acting minor at Columbia but I'm just not a theatre person. I love all of the Writing & Producing stuff that I've done, and that's still something I'm gunning for, but I think somewhere between the ages of 18 and 22 I forgot what a passion I have for performing, specifically improv and comedy. Also interesting to note that Will Forte did a lot of writing for shows and backstage work before joining SNL.

3. I'm all settled into my place in Burbank. I'm subletting from Andy and Pam. They are a super nice married couple who might be just a little too nice. They are spoiling me like no other. For what I am paying a month, I am already getting an amazing deal. On top of that, they bought a rug to put in my room and want to get a flat screen TV for it too. Granted, after I leave they will continue to rent out the room, so it's not like these presents are specifically for me, but it's still awkward. The most awkward part is the plastic mattress cover they put on my bed. Are they worried that I'm a chronic bed wetter, or are they planning on stabbing me to death in my sleep? And which of those two is worse?

2. Every day I get to drive past Warner Brothers Studios, and I see the water tower and think of Animaniacs.

1. I scratched my new car already and I'm really pissed off about it. This is negative so I feel that this shouldn't be number one. I want to end on something fun and interesting.

1.1 Apparently in Las Vegas, they feel that everyone already knows the area code, so the phone book doesn't list it, nor do any billboards or signs with phone numbers. Nothing tells you what the area code of Las Vegas is. Lucky for me, I remember watching TRL one day when 702, the girls that sang "Where My Girls At?" came on. They explained that their name came from the area code of their home town, Las Vegas. Sure enough, I tried 702 and it worked. So a crappy band, mindnumbing television series geared towards adolescents with no personalities, plus my ability to remember the most useless information but inevitably discard anything of any actual importance almost instantly, pretty much a trifecta that saved our day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINE. I'm commenting again. Hilary Swank went to In and Out after winning her Oscar. Then I talked about us going to In and Out when I visit you, and how I'm already thinking about the food.

Anonymous said...

My interesting fact of the day: I picked a "Native American Medicine" card today. (Basically tarot card for Indians) And it told me I'm a squirrel.

Anonymous said...

Animaniacs may have been my favorite not x-men cartoon as a child. And don't let anyone fool you; they actually live in that water tower.