Alicia and Jared were here this weekend. They came to see John Waters. Don't tell anyone but they don't actually go to Columbia. Shhhh! It was like sneaking underage kids into a bar.
Speaking of sneaking underage kids into bars, all my under 21 friends need to get some fakes by May 19th so you can come to my birthday party at Tequila Roadhouse. Free drinks for an hour!
Anyway, Alicia took on the identity of Ashley Marshall and Jared became Dani Eller and before we knew it we were sitting in the audience waiting for John Waters. Now, I'm not that big of a John Waters fan. Haven't seen much of his stuff. I loved Cecil B. Demented and Twigger and I quote A Dirty Shame constantly, but I haven't seen his old stuff. The stuff he's really known for. The gross transvestite eating dog shit kind of stuff. Alicia and Jared have, though. And they are big fans of it. So it was cool just to see them enjoy it. Plus the guy was funny. And gross. Real gross. Grosser than Marc, Libby, and Jess put together, if you can imagine.
From there we went to Tantrum since it was right around the corner. Had a couple drinks. It was fun. We caught up on stuff and talked. Mostly about TV. Actually, all about TV. It's sick I know but it's what Alicia and I do best. It's what our relationship is founded on. We're not those people that act like we don't watch TV or that we are better than it. I hate those people. They can blow me. They're lying too. Yeah, you say you don't ever watch tv but then for some reason you just HAPPEN to know that Svetlana got mad that she couldn't be the manager at the tanning place. Yeah, but you don't watch TV. But you saw that episode of Date My Mom yesterday. But you don't watch TV. But you own Sex and the City on DVD. But you don't watch TV.
I digress like it's my day job.
Saturday Jared had to leave early (funny story about that) and I met up with Alicia and her cousins and we went to the Andy Warhol exhbit at the MCA. It was small and kind of disappointing. Then we just bummed around for a while until Alicia had to go.
So here's the funny story. I have pink eye. No, that's not the funny part. But I'm not mad at you for laughing. I have pink eye, and really should be wearing my glasses and not contacts. But I don't have my glasses. I left them in my bathroom bag in Jared's car last time I was in Kalamazoo. So they brought it back for me this weekend. But Jared left early on Saturday...and took my fucking toiletries back with him. So still no glasses. It's kind of funny. Minus the pink eye.
I started reading Choke by Chuck Palahniuk which I have been meaning to read forl ike 5 months though. The guy works at a colonial theme park and everyone that works with him are sex freaks and drug addicts. It's a lot like what I was doing with Off the Clock so it's pretty entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i started reading choke and then i get distracted, before i got very far and its still on my shelf. let me know if you think it's worth finishing.
twigger made an appearance. heck yes. p.s. i will be in the city on saturday evening/saturday night/sunday morning/sunday afternoon if you are interested in holding hands for a few minutes. luff you.
Post a Comment