Saturday, April 22, 2006

04-22-06

Is it really April 22? Seriously?

No. It can't be. HP must have programmed the calender function of my computer wrong. RandomHouse has made a mistake in my tear-a-page calender. April. 22. Hardly. Just a few weeks ago I was oling up my face and hair to dress like a mechanic, in our bathroom that was covered in blood from Matt's costume.

And how long ago did Jess give me the bacon tape for Christmas? Couldn't have been that long. Wasn't Dani sitting on my floor cutting out paper shapes while I played X-Men Legends II right after that? Logic says that I started working at Jerry Springer seven months ago. SEVEN!!! I disagree with that. It couldn't have been. That's over a half a year. Not possible.

The year is pretty much over. And now comes all of the typical regrets. Last year I didn't have any. Not a single regret. I loved everything. This year, I have several.

I should have gone out more.
I should have been nicer to people.
I shouldn't have argued with Matt so much.
I shouldn't have had such a bad attitude about places we went.
I shouldn't have lied whenever I lied.
I should have gone to the dance for more than the last 20 minutes.
I should have gotten a real job and not the telefund crap.
I should have made more effort to see Dani and Jill since I don't really know when or if I'll see them again after this year.
I shouldn't have stayed in my room as much when we had company.
I should have kept the apartment cleaner.
I should have invited people over more.
I should have watched 24 like Ashley's mom said to.
I should have auditioned for more plays.

That's enough of that. I could keep going but...well, let's not.

I just don't feel like we did as much this year. Or maybe we all did a lot of things, just not together. Yeah, I guess that's it. And I guess that's not a bad thing. We all grew apart slightly, but that's normal.

I have a job interview next week. It's at a pizza place called My Pie. They are interviewing me to be an assistant manager part time and a server part time. Since I have a month and a half between school and orientation I'm certainly going to need a job. I'll just ask for less hours the month of orientation.

I guess I'm pretty busy, just like everyone else. I've got:

a scene to perform
a 5-7 minute project to shoot and edit
a story that I need to tell three different ways (once with 15-25 pictures, once with only sound, and once with sound and 30-50 pictures)
a 12 page research paper

But it's kind of cool because all of the stuff I'm so busy doing I'm actually really excited to do. I'm having a lot of fun with all of them, even the research paper which is about why people like characters on TV that they would hate in real life.

In the fall I'm taking:

Improv for Actors
TV Program Development
Writing the Sitcom
Culture, Race, & Media (with both of my roommates)
Small Screen Video (The iPod class)

After the Fall, I'm going to be a part-time student for the Spring Semester, then I am doing summer Semester in LA, then I'm done. Staying in LA after that? Coming back to Chicago? Don't know. Please don't make me think about that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

make sure that you leave your gun at home before your improv class.

what did he just whisper to you?
that he has a gun....

Anonymous said...

Things I don't Regret:
-sitting in your apartment for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours over the three week break
-filming the UC even though everything sucked except the theme song
- actually loving the parties we went to as a large group (though they were few, when we did it nothing else could match the excitement)
- complaining about projects and homework
- not having to swipe cards while I"m in the caf, and just being able to sit and relax
- knowing that through all the things everyone went through this year, there was always someone there for them if that's what they needed
- midnite Harry Potter
- working on your last two projects
- a lot more

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't regret so much, although I do know how it feels. For me this was some kind of transition year for me. Like there were a lot of people I liked hanging out with, but for a big part of this year I felt like I just didn't fit in. And then there was the whole issue of stuff still dragging me down from last year. But now I know what I'm doing next year, but yet am still stressed about it. Just focus on getting your shit done, and have fun. P.S. wanna makeout later?