By the time I finished this blog, I had to go to class. Guess I'll have to work on making my show funnier later today.
My shoes are in the dryer right now. I hope I don't break it. I remember watching "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer," and there was a scene where Brandy put her sneakers in the dryer and Jennifer Love Hewitt yelled at her. Later on in the movie Brandy found the maid's head in the dryer when she opened it up thinking that the clunking noise she heard was a pair of shoes. Brandy lived in the end. So the moral of the story is...go ahead and put your shoes in the dryer. Someone else may die, but It doesn't affect you. I felt kind of bad at first, as I walked away and heard the pounding of my New Balances as they were tossed about inside the machine. What if I break the dryer? But now that I'm back upstairs in my apartment, I can't hear it, and I left that concern down in the basement with my shoes.
When I came home, I was soaking wet. My shoes and socks were squishy and soggy. For as much as I love playing in water, I do hate the feeling of wet socks.
Before I had even stepped off the train, I had decided not to stay dry. I love walking in the rain. I especially love jumping in puddles. I think everyone has one small thing that they enjoy from their childhood that is considered unacceptable by the standards of grown-ups. Mine is puddles. Good thing I was ready to get wet, because not only was the rain still coming down hard, but Altgeld and Montana were actually flooded. It was at least three inches of water that I had to traverse. Other people would have had to walk all the way back to Fullerton and then walk on the actual street up Sheffield in order to avoid Lake Montana, but not puddle-hoppin' Steve. I dove right in.
It was pouring when the train went above ground after North/Clybourn. Literally pouring. You couldn't even see drops of water, it seemed like Lincoln Park was under a giant faucet. What was even more unsettling was the fact that fifteen minutes ago, when I got on the train at Harrison, it wasn't raining at all. Now, less than twenty minutes later, the streets were flooded.
I felt bad for being late for my meeting, and my teacher had a good point. On my way out of the 600 building I decided that I was going to sit down at some point today and really figure out what makes my show funny. I'd also email it to the teacher, not only to show him more of my ideas but also as a form of sucking up since I wanted to make up for being tardy. I wasn't walking the dog until later, so maybe I'd have time before I left for school again this afternoon?
I finally showed up to the meeting at about 9:55, giving us less than five minutes to actually talk about Leper High. We did end up talking for quite some time, and he seems to like the direction I'm taking the show. He brought up a good point though. What makes LH funny? Sure, I can take any episode idea and write a story that's funny, but what is the underlying humor of the actual concept? High School kids have leprosy. Yeah, that's funny. But how far can you go with that? The show won't last if it's just a one trick pony. The leprosy joke will wear out eventually.
I checked my phone while I was on the train. We were at the Lake stop. Fuck, already 9:48? I'm twenty minutes late and still ten minutes away! And what a terrible Red Eye. I didn't even read most of it.
Didn't leave until 9:20. Not a good idea, especially since I had a meeting with my TV Program Development teacher at 9:30. Oh well, guess I'm gonna be late. The weather wasn't bad when I left the apartment. I still wore my gloves, but it wasn't terribly cold. I always wear my gloves, anyway. I may never bring an umbrella, but at least I have my gloves in case there's a sudden drop in temperature. Speaking of umbrellas, I hope it doesn't rain today...
I woke up this morning and started getting ready for school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
there were people i knew in high school that i wasn't very close too. they were the people that you were friends w/ in a class or two. i would look forward to having the next class w/ them, because i knew it would be a somewhat better part of the day. usually because they made me crack up constantly. when i think of them now i still think, "that kid is really funny."
i think you're one of those people. i always know that your blogs will be wity and gatherings will be funnier if you're there!
ooo, I was expecting an everyday blog- I usually laugh a little, think a little and then comment. BUT YOU, spiced up my life.
I didn't realize until the very end that each paragraph was in REVERSE ORDERRRRRR
Clever, it made blog reading a little more exciting
oooops I had a little keyboard belch and my name ended up backwards and without a B.
Post a Comment