Saturday, November 18, 2006

thanksgiving issue

Remember in elementary school when you would make a little construction paper cornucopia and you were supposed to take it home and have every member of your family write down something they were thankful for then put it inside the cornucopia to read at Thanksgiving dinner? Only you instead took the brown paper funnel home and shoved it under your bed, only to discover it several months later when you are forced to clean your room because it was so messy that your dad took your video games away?

I love Thanksgiving. I have several good memories of it. Like the time I told my mom her turkey tasted just like lunch meat (I meant it as a compliment. I was like six).

I sill sit at the kids table. Only, none of us are kids anymore, so it's technically just a smaller table. We still call it the "kids table." My Aunt Audrey sits there too.

This is what I'm presently thankful for:

Supportive family and friends.

Going to LA in the Spring.

The fact that I now consider four miles a "short" run.

The people that came to my benefit, have donated to my cause, or plan to donate.

Classes being almost over.

My improv class.

For Your Consideration

My Name is Earl, The Office, Scrubs, and 30 Rock all on the same night.

Going home for six days and having no stress and nothing to worry about (aside from training and still having to raise $1700, of course)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We sit at the "kids table" too at my dad's. Although, we still tend to spill at least one to two drinks on the table cloth and someone starts yelling because they were hit by someone else. Hmm. Maybe next year I'll make it to the real table!

Anonymous said...

new color scheme! confusing! thought i wuz reading someone else's blog! JK! wait? wuz I? lol! jk! This year Thanksgiving will be in Champaign, not Danville, IL

Anonymous said...

Our kids table is still full of kids. I guess that's what I get from being among the three oldest cousins. Maybe this year I'll get amnesty and be allowed at the big people table!