I wrote an entry about this documentary we watched in Urban Geography called "The Corporation," and how disturbing it was, and how unsettled it made me feel. I also talked about growing up and how hard it can be when you realize all of your old friends are moving away and you'll never see them again.
But then I did something. Something bold. Something new. No, I didn't buy Tivo. Something bigger! I put myself into the shoes of the reader. Sure, I can sit and type till the cows come home about how so and so is moving to this or that city. Oh, how the words to flow when I talk about this movie and how it made me feel. Hell, I can easily create a streamline directly from my consciousness to the keyboard. But see, that often makes things boring as shit. I don't write this to wax philosophical (I've always wanted to use the term "wax philosopihcal") or to open up about things like my feelings and inner thoughts. That's gay (derogatory! language of oppression! Sensitivity training!). I write this to be funny. So, it's about time we got back to basics.
But you should see "The Corporation." Serious.
I've been thinking about Baby Suri today. I don't know why. Most likely because I was playing Text Twist and "suri" was not counted as a word. I knew it wouldn't but I had to try anyway. I mean, if "tat" counts as a word, you never know. Anyway, back to the issue at hand. Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, Baby Suri is Jesus? Isn't it weird that they capitalize "baby" when you say Baby Suri? Kind of like a hurricane is a hurricane, but Hurricane Katrina is a proper noun. Baby Suri ain't just any baby.
Suri was born and the country just went ape shit about it. And oh man, how badly did people want to see this child? Badly. Shit, they were like counting how many days had gone by without a picture of her being released. Didn't they call it Suri-Watch? That's crazy. I bet someone tried to issue an Amber Alert on that kid. So, this fascination, nay, OBSESSION, with Baby Suri, whose intitials are BS, an irony not lost on myself, makes me wonder. All of this hullaballoo over one baby? Maybe Baby Suri is a prophet! It's the only explanation. The world rejoices the birth and awaits to see the Christ child (in an exclusive Vanity Fair spread)! I mean, we all know God has a sense of humor (ever see a platypus?), and what is funnier than reincarnating his son as the daughter of a Hollywood star gone bananas and Joey Potter? Good one, God! Oh, and to make them SCIENTOLOGIST on top of that! Too much!
Of course, there is another possibility. Something a little less outlandish than Baby Suri being Jesus. Beware of false prophets, they say. They shall come to you in sheeps clothing. So, there's an equal chance that Suri is actually the opposite of what I just said. Suri is actually Satan. I don't know if you've read the bible or not. I haven't, but I've seen The Omen (the original one, not even the Julia Stiles one! Talk about cred!) and I consider that an equally reliable source on everything Catholic. So apparently Satan is going to come to earth and make everyone believe that he is some sort of savior and going to make our lives better. The whole sheeps clothing thing. Do you get it now? Then, once everyone in the world is convinced that this person is our savior...BAM! Eternal damnation! Baby Suri conned us all! You're probably wondering how I know so much. Well, let's just say I saw part of Left Behind II on a bus once. This theory is quite plausible. I mean, look at Suri's parents. Tom Cruise has clearly already converted to the evil side, and Katie Holmes has no soul anyway. Who else would bring the face of evil into our world? Ben and Jen? DOUBT IT!
Hey, it could happen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My mom owns BOTH Left Behind and Left Behind two!! MARATHON!
I read in People magazine that more people would rather babysit for baby Shiloh than Suri. I agree, I bet Suri makes some mad dumps. After all, her first poop was enormous!
p.s. if you're going to the Dojo let's go together. Not like a date...unless you want it to be.
Post a Comment