I'm at about $500 for the fundraising so far. What's making me nervous is I need $1,000 in two weeks. I can't say I'm not surprised by the underwhelming (shouldn't even say "underwhelming," a better term would be "complete lack of") support from my peers. But I promised myself this wouldn't become a rant of how none of my friends are donating. Because it's not the deadline yet. There is still some time, and I do intend to crack down on the non-donors, so to complain at this point is a little premature.
I really wouldn't be upset right now if it weren't for my aunt. She apparently told my mom she thought this was a scam. A scam? A letter from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a scam? Oh, how did I not discover this before! Leukemia is not even a real disease! It was created by college students to scam their relatives out of money! I was so blind, but now I see! Okay, so ignoring the fact that she thinks that running a marathon for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is apparently not a legit form of charity, how about the fact that I'm her nephew???
She also asked questions such as "What if he doesn't raise enough money? What if he doesn't even run it?"
Yeah, so nice of you to cover up your own motives of being a cheap ass by questioning my abilities to raise the funds and participate in the event. Please.
Annnyway...I'm going to do it. There's nothing to stop me. And once I get all my donation letters out, host the benefit (by the way, Steph is doing an AMAZING job with that), and get all of MY FRIENDS TO DONATE (NOT SO SUBTLE INSINUATION), I should be alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will, I will. You're just going to have to wait for mine a little bit longer. But no worries!
Post a Comment