In the Fall, I will be taking:
TV Program Development
Writing The Sitcom
Small Screen Video
Improv Techniques
Urban Geography: The Study of Cities
After that, I only have one more semester in Chicago. I'm not done with Columbia, but done in Chicago. Next summer, if all goes according to plan, I'll be taking "Writing the One-Hour Drama" on the CBS Television lot for the Semester in LA program. And from there? Who knows. My friend who is out there now just got an internship with Passions. I'm hoping with Disney and Springer under my belt, I'll be able to get some sort of job/internship out of the SLA also. Preferably something that pays. Preferably a job as a Writer's Assistant for 24, Lost, Veronica Mars, The Office, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Nip/Tuck, or something equally as exciting. Or maybe I'll come back to Chicago. Or maybe somewhere else. Who knows?
While I don't technically graduate in Spring of 07, I am walking in the ceremony. It's the only ceremony there is, so if I want to walk, that's when I'd have to do it. And I want to walk. A lot of people don't care about it, and many just don't want to do it. But it's kind of important to me. High School graduation was important I suppose, but not that big of a deal to me. It's what you're supposed to do. But when I think about walking in Spring, I think about all that I've done since High School. Western Michigan University where I made some awesome friends, worked on the radio station, and tried to figure out who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do. Orlando, Florida, where I worked full-time at Disney World for 8 months and learned what I'm capable of. Then of course, Columbia College Chicago, where I, dare I say, finished what I set out to do at WMU, learning exactly who I was and exactly what I wanted to do. Who would have imagined that in 5 years my life would change so much? When I walk in the Spring, it's the culmination of all of that. It's the beginning of....ughhhh....real life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was thinking the other day about who I would be if I hadn't gone to Columbia for two years. It seems weird, but I don't think I'd even be close to who I am now had I not gone. Two years doesn't seem like a lot but it was definatley an influential two years!
ps, some man the other day was upset about his lack of cheese sauce at Steak n' Shake and when I asked if I could get him anything else he just said, "Cheese sauce, woman"... and I thought it was funny.
God dammit, I just left the best comment and it erased it. Something about you meeting Veronica Mars in LA and banging to Paris Hilton's new song, then adopting me, then she helping me be on the cover of Maxim. Forget about it!
I'm sad that you left Western and we haven't been as close as we were when you were here, BUT I am very glad for all the things that you have accomplished since you moved away. Life has a plan for you and you seem to be following yours just right. I'm so glad we are friends and I'm glad you and Todd knew who I was in the elevator the first day in Garneau. You're a wierdo sometimes but I'll always love you.
Post a Comment