I got a credit card in the mail. No, not a credit card application, an actual, real, honest-to-God credit card. It's the same card number as my current card. So basically, if I were to activate it, they would essentially be charging to the same account. But the thing is...I didn't order a new card. My card isn't even expired. So what's the deal? I'm halfway convinced that the ineptness of the mailroom workers at the UCC has once again caused inconvenience in my life, despite the fact that I moved out two months ago. Picture this. New person living in 534. Mailroom does not check names on incoming mail, gives them my credit card bill. Person in 534 gets my card information and orders a new card, hoping that the mailroom will fuck up once more, therefore getting their hands on my credit card.
Maybe that's a little farfetched. But credit card fraud happens, people. And you should all be vigilant. It's not always like that episode of Friends wear Monica becomes best friends with the girl stealing her credit card. If you charge shit on my dime, don't expect me to start taking dance classes with you and go out and try exotic cuisine. No, I'm sorry. I'm just not that type of person. Unless you teach me salsa dancing, because who can resist salsa dancing? Credit card theft be damned, let's get steamy on the dance floor.
Last night was the Orientation Leader gathering. And what do Orientation Leaders, the smiling, friendly faces of Columbia College, the first person a new student meets, do when they get together outside of work? Get shitfaced. Millie and I were the first ones to get to Jacobs, at about...9:00. We wasted no time, and by the time other people finally started showing up, we were already hobbling around trying not to act too wasted. I can't really remember any specific moments that stood out. That is, aside from Carolyn laughing (and not just laughing, but snorting) every time I told her Jonbenet's mom died. Oh, she would just lose it.
There's nothing good on TV and I'm way too lazy to start planning on what to do tonight. Pirates of the Carribbean is on USA, but if you figure in commercials, I think it's about 6 1/2 hours long. I'd say that Project Runway is stupid, but then I would have to answer to a million people vehemently defending it. The Suite Life of Zach & Cody just makes me feel terrible for those two twins who will no doubt finish puberty with thoughts of suicide every time they think about how awkward and weird they looked on that show. I don't want to watch TV, I don't want to watch a movie, I don't want to go outside, and I don't want to play video games. If I take a nap I won't wake up until tomorrow, but I'm starting to wonder if that's really such a bad thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment