So I suppose there is indeed such thing as fate. I don't know whether or not I believed in it before. I guess nothing ever really happened that I could attribute to fate. But now there is. Now I'm a believer. (Not a trace of doubt in my mind....sorry)
On Saturday I was on the phone with my mom. I was telling her how I don't want to go back to work ever again because the mexicans in the back make fun of me in Spanish and I just don't like having to deal with that. I told her I wanted to just go home but couldn't because a bus or train ticket was too much. I told her if I could just get home I wouldn't even care if I never went back to work. I told her I didn't know what to do, that I didn't want to be irresponsible and immature, but I just didn't want to go back to My Pie.
If only I had a reason to stop going.
And then, while on the phone telling my mom I didn't want to go to work and I wanted to go home, my cousin calls. She says she'll give me 50 dollars if I go walk the dog later. Well, there's a pretty good excuse to not go into work. My cousin, who is the only person I know of who has had more jobs than me, gives me a pretty good reason not to go back to the restaurant. Then she offers me a ride back home Sunday morning. How perfect. 50 dollars to not go back to work, and a ride home. This all happens at the very same moment I had been telling my mom I wanted to quit work and go home. See? Fate.
Anyway, my whole family was in, including my brother, his girlfriend, and my grandparents, so it was really nice to be able to go home. Even though I was there for less than 48 hours. When I talked to my grandma on the phone and told her I would be home on Sunday, she sounded really excited. My mom and aunt were really excited too. I feel bad for what I did to all of the employees at My Pie, but...it was really really good to see my family. And that alone made it worth it.
It was a relaxing day and a half of lounging by the pool, lounging in the living room, and lounging about in other places as well. With a little bit of shopping with Mom and drinking with Brother. My biggest regret isn't quitting my work. It's that Summer is halfway over almost and this was the first time I really got to just relax.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've probably watched at least two days worth of Law and Order this summer.
I mean, I do lots of things and NEVER get to relax.
I've watched Cheyenne's video on youtube at least 10 times. Same with Ashlee Simpson's.
Don't let the Mexicans scare you, embrace my peeople, we mean well.
Post a Comment