My apartment has no hot water, so I can't shower. The landlord called and said someone was coming over here to fix our hot water heater, so we'll wait and see. At this point I think it is either being fixed or is fixed entirely, because if you try to get hot water, it doesn't come out cold. It doesn't come out hot, either, but last night there was no trace of warmth whatsoever. This leads me to believe that the pump has been fixed, but the hot water needs to be made. So I'm waiting for our hot water heater to whip up a batch of hot water.
I wouldn't be writing this if I had hot water. I'd be shaving and showering. In hot water. But I don't want to shave or shower with cold water. Nothing in the world is worse than showering in cold water. Although shaving with cold water is a close close second. I don't work until 5 so as long as there's hot water by 4:30 (or even 4:45, like I'm ever on time) then there won't be a problem. I just need hot water so I can go to work and feel fresh because without hot water I won't feel fresh and clean. I'll feel cold and most certainly unfresh. So come on, hot water.
I know what you're thinking. The answer is 11. Go ahead and count it.
How to quit my job...that's the biggest issue I'm facing right now. I've known for several weeks that orientation was starting soon. And about 2 weeks ago I made the decision to leave My Pie for it. Well, I've definitely been putting off the whole ordeal of quitting. I'm afraid. I've never been good at it. What do I say? Sure, My Pie Pizzeria has been around for about 30 years, but will it last one day without me? I doubt it. I'd say that today is the day. That I'm going to go in and tell my manager the truth. The "truth," of course, being that I just found out I got the orientation job today, and that I would like to come back to the restaurant to work in about a month and a half. Some of that might be fiction. Some. Not all. I mean, the part about me leaving for orientation is true. Maybe I didn't JUST find out about orientation and maybe I DON'T plan on going back afterwards, but they don't need to know that. Useless facts! My boss has a restaurant to run! He can't be bogged down with useless facts!
I'll figure something out. I haven't really "quit" many jobs. I've had them go out of business, I've gone on vacation and never come back, I've written notes and stopped showing up, I've stopped showing up without writing a note, I've left because it was only a summer job, but the only time I actually put in 2 weeks and let them know what was up was Old Navy. Java City too. Well, not really Java City because they wouldn't have kept me for the summer anyway.
Time to check for hot water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Steal a pizza for me when you leave. Or a few of them. And have fun at orientation and rememeber how much fun it could have been if I was there, but too bad I'm white huh?
Actually they wanted to hire you but I told them you were really a man. That would have messed up the male/female ratio.
They're only keeping you because you're gay.
Post a Comment