Pigeons.
Homeless people.
Rich people.
Insane cab drivers.
Starbucks.
Subway.
Tourists.
Taxes.
Save The Children employees
I could go on. But I won't. Because I have something bigger to complain about.
Valentine's Day.
Now, I'm not complaining V-Day in the same way that most people (or at least desperate single women who pretend they aren't desperate) compain about it. I don't care that there is a Hallmark holiday of love. Sweetest Day is garbage, I'll give you that, but Valentine's Day...well...it's just not that big of a deal. My point is...shut up about it. So you don't have a significant other. Who cares? Do you know how many girls I know that felt the need to go out last night, or at least drink, just because it was Valentine's Day and that didn't have a boyfriend? Pretty much every single girl I know. But here's the thing...they act like Valentine's Day is forced upon them. Like they are backed into a corner by all of these couples and this day of love and relationships is shoved down their throat. It's really not. If V-Day is such an issue for you...if you hate it so much. Then just ignore it. Going out to "anti-celebrate" it is only going to subconsciously make you feel worse than if you just treated it like it really is-just another day. There's no Valentine's Day parade. There aren't a million parties for it. You don't put up a Valentine Tree. The fact is, there's one aisle devoted to candy hearts and roses at the drugstore, and if you successfully avoid that aisle, then you've successfully avoided Valentine's Day. So you're single. Nobody else cares that you're single on Valentine's Day, why should you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Silence Steve. I offered you myself last night. Valentines day, smalentines day. It was good enough reason for me to do a beer bong.
oh Steve... don't you know that some girls don't get drunk because they're single on Valentine's Day but rather use Valentine's Day as an excuse for an extra weekend of outrageous parties and more importantly, an excuse for drinking on a week day even though you have class at 9am the next morning?
not that you need a 'holiday' as an excuse for partaking in these events, but it helps you validate showing up for class the next morning insanely hung over.
and also, I only hate Valentine's Day because I hate the people that feel like they need a holiday to tell someone how they feel about them. which is slightly parallel to using a holiday to excuse drinking when you have class in the morning- but it's different cuz I said it is damn it!
-Christina
Libby and I went out to dinner to celebrate our love for eachother on valentines day ... we went to the same place that we ate dinner together the first time ... sure she is interested in a boy and I have 2 hanging out in the wings ... but it was nice to celebrate with just anyone that you love ... I HATE VALENTINES DAY ... it's 4 days before my birthday and I always get clearance valentines day items as treats on my birthday ...
Post a Comment