I wrote this for an assignment in Aesthetics & Storytelling II, but kind of liked it so decided I'd put it up here. The assignment was "What were your magical powers?"
I never had magical powers when I was younger. I mean, sure, I could turn invisible and sneak around in an oh so espionage way, but can't every kid? No. I had no powers...
...but I was a movie star.
Yes, it's true. At age 5 I was a hero starring in all sorts of Action/Adventure films. You've probably heard of some of them, such as "The Creature From the Refrigerator Box" and "Race To Get Out of the Garage Before it Closes." That was my hay day. I even did my own stunts. Why, sometimes I filmed 3 or 4 movies in one day. But hey, when you're doing what you love, it really doesn't feel like work.
In the summer we did a lot of location shooting in my pool. It was fun swimming with sharks and making those great escape scenes in the water. Craft services those days was excellent. A fine assortment of Ritz Crackers with cream cheese. Happy Meals on special occasions. I also did a lot of filming at the playgrounds outside of Ice Arenas. This was very convenient for my driver, since my brother just happened to have hockey practice at the same time.
Oh, those were the glory days. Still not sure where my residual checks are...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
remember the juvenille delinquents from Major League II? I was one of those. (and yes, it did hurt with rick 'wild thing' vaughn treated us like a photo opt.)
Post a Comment