I'm really excited to go home for Thanksgiving. I probably would have skipped it and saved my money, since I'm going home for Christmas too. However, since my Grandma didn't get to go to Grandpa's funeral, we are having the Memorial Mass the Saturday after Thanksgiving and there's no way I can't be there for her. My aunt Audrey just emailed me the poem they want me to read. This is it:
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane,
We would walk right up to Heaven and bring you back again.
You were gone before we knew it, and only God knows why.
What it meant to love you – no one can ever know.
To remember all the happy times; life still has much in store.
A hollowed place within our heart is where you’ll always stay.
Obviously, it's very fitting for the situation and will no doubt be hard to get through, but I guess that's what I get for being the charismatic one in the family. Hmmm...I wonder if that caused any moist eyes in the house? If I had to guess I'd say...Dani?
Wow. Somber. This wasn't supposed to be all emotional. I hate that shit. Let's change the subject.
I don't think I got the job I interviewed for, but regardless, work is okay. I guess I'd compare it to Disney World. My opinion of it changes every five minutes. There is no middle ground, I either absolutely love it or swear that I am seriously quitting and that I mean it this time. I think the hard part of it is the fact that I'm a Production Assistant with absolutely NO interest in production. None. At all. I'd rather bag groceries. Unfortunately my options are limited, since I'll probably stumble across the Holy Grail before getting hired as a Writer's Assistant and there are currently no paid listings for "Aspiring Improv Performer." I guess I just need to be happy that my job allows me plenty of time to engage in writing and improv. I'm not bitching. I swear I'm not complaining. I get paid well and work for cool people. Can't complain. I'm REALLY working on the attitude thing. Making an effort.
One of the positives of my job is how rewarding it feels to pay your own rent. Damn. Sure, it's a double-edged sword because paying your own rent means that your hard earned money can't go to beer and pizza, but feeling like an adult is nice. Although I do owe my parents $300. I forgot about that.
On the Los Angeles network page of Facebook, it had the most popular books listed. Harry Potter is obviously number one, while the Bible is number two. Do you capitalize the "the" in the Bible? I'm not sure. I mean you capitalize "Him" when referring to the big G so having to capitalize "The" doesn't seem that out of the question. Anyway, I'm not surprised that Harry Potter beat the good book (or Good Book?) at all. I'm surprised that in a town as Godless as Los Angeles, the second most popular piece of literature listed on Facebook is the Bible. I bet you if the Church decided to claim that a disciple is gay, they'd totally top the list. Just so we're clear, that's a Dumbledore joke, not blaspheming. God knows some crazy people have wondered across my blog (Crazy Disney employees and Jericho fans, I'm looking at you), so I just want to have my butt covered in case someone takes offense.
This has really been all over the place, hasn't it? What a ride. I laughed. I cried. I spell checked.
4 comments:
You don't know me... well, kind of.
Also, I fully support you writing every day because then I have to take a homework break every day!
I'm eating pumpkin butter right now! Go to Vegas and get a job, or better yet be a pizza delivery guy so you don't have to spend money on pizza.
i cried.
You say you're working on your attitude, but God help me Steve if you stop being sarcastic I'm not talking to you anymore!
And you think maybe the Bible making second place is some sort of hipster ironic trend going on? In LA it wouldn't surprise me.
Post a Comment