Monday, November 12, 2007

What are you, like 10?

Today's Crazy is not just a single person. It's a whole family. I went to go pick up Indian food for some of my bosses (despite my protests that I didn't want my care to smell), and was rung up by a boy that could not have been older than ten. The family's decision to shirk child labor laws, however, should not come as that big of a surprise, as I was first greeted by a toddler running around with a toothpick.

This was a good weekend. Friday I saw a short called "Psycho Hillybilly Cabin Massacre!" at the AFI Fest, then went out to a bar in Hollywood. We were sitting on the patio when we noticed a helicopter with a spotlight circling around. When we left, there were police cars all over and the roads were closed. Apparently there had been a robbery. How exciting! On Saturday I went to a party where everyone but me seemed to work for Deal or No Deal. It was actually a TON of fun. My friend Kristin tried valiantly to break open a Pinata, and despite the fact that she was not blindfolded and the Pinata was sitting idly on the ground, she had quite a challenge. It may have been the ten or so shots of Jager that did her in. Who knows. Hard to say. On Sunday I went to Ikea with Zach and his roommate Amanda, where we bought stuff and caused a scene, as usual. When you're already settled into an apartment and have most of the necessities, Ikea certainly does lack magic. It just becomes an exercise in patience and tolerance for slow idiots. Also, the green end table I wanted was sold out. It was called a "lack." So, apparently Ikea not lacks magic, it lacks lacks. After Ikea we met Mike for an AMAZING dinner at this delightful Italian restaurant! The food? To die for! The friends? I'd die for!

Anyone watch Curb Your Enthusiasm? Last night's finale might have been the most satisfying thing I've ever seen on television. And I cried watching My Name is Earl once.

It's been a slow day at work, and despite the fact that I have a script to read, a monologue to write and memorize, and a treatment to revise, I spent every minute dicking around on the internet, thus ensuring that I have a million things to do when I get home. I sent another movie idea to Mike's old work. This one is called "'Til Death Don't Us Part." Enjoy...
---

I have a great idea for a new Adam Sandler comedy! It's Weekend at
Bernie's meets The Wedding Planner, and a surefire hit for one of
comedy's greatest leading men!

In "Til' Death Don't Us Part," Adam Sandler plays Trey Calahan, a man
who seemingly has everything going for him. A great job, a great
apartment, and a great fiancé! Franny (a Jennifer Lopez/Kate Hudson
type), thinks she knows everyone about Trey, but there's one thing he
has yet to mention to her... His sexual attraction to dead bodies!

When Franny's mother, Charlota is raped and murdered in an alley
downtown, tragedy and comedy fornicate and give birth to hilarious
hijinks when Trey finds himself falling for his girlfriend's dead
mother. Now, with the wedding days away, he has to make the ultimate
decision. Stay with the girl he thought he loved, or for once in his
life let love lead the way?

Franny visits Cassiopaea, her psychic, whose crystal ball reveals that
Trey has dug up her mother's corpse and is cheating on her with it.
In a fit of devastation, Franny throws herself off the top of the YMCA
on 7th Street and Rosemont. Trey receives the news and rushes to the
morgue in order to identify the body. When the coroner lifts the sheet
to reveal Franny's bloody, mangled remains, it is like Trey sees her
for the first time. He instantly falls in love with Franny all over
again. He scoops up what he can and moves her into a beautiful
penthouse on the Upper East Side, where they both live happily ever
after.

3 comments:

Baggy said...

I still say you and mike were doing a little salad tossing.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't there but just IMAGINING the food and how good the company was is good enough for me! Oh Mylanta!

Anonymous said...

That's disgusting!

Anyway, I'm listening to robert gule-- oh wait, he's dead, anyway-- wanna dance?