I'm not antisocial, we all know this, but I'm also not all that talented when it comes to making new friends. Usually my weekends consist of either staying in and drinking with the roommates, or going out and drinking with the roommates. On some occasions, we do come across a party to attend, but we're definitely not a part of a large group of friends like back in Chicago. So unfortunately, I have no Halloween party to go to tonight, nor did I last night. It's kind of a bummer since I love going out for Halloween a whole bunch super a lot, but the big Halloween in Hollywood party is on Wednesday and we already have plans for that, so at least I have something exciting. I'll make sure that this Halloween continues the trend of me getting even more ridiculous than the year before. Of course, I have to work on Thursday, so this might not be the greatest of ideas. Also, last year was pretty fucking insane, what with the Spider-Man mask, broken iPod costume, Mexican trying to steal twenty dollars, climbing on the construction equipment, saying "I didn't know you were coming tonight!" to everybody I encountered, and asking a girl dressed as Twister if she was a lesbian, so it might be impossible to top. Ever.
As for the heavy drinking on a work night, I should have learned my lesson after this past Thursday. Mike and I went to MexiCali to split a pitcher of margaritas. We didn't get there until about 11:30, so it was already pretty late, but despite the fact that it was after midnight when we finished the pitcher, I insisted that we get a second one. Then we stumbled home at about 2am, and I started drinking beer. Went to bed at 4, woke up at 8. Not feeling great, but not feeling that bad either. However, my hangover caught up with me when I was on the freeway driving to work. I stopped at Vons to throw up (in their pay toilet) then laid down in my car. Later in the afternoon when I was sent out on a run I came back two hours late, claiming that traffic was terrible when in reality I just so happened to pass out in the back seat. At around 7pm I finally stopped feeling like shit. And now that it's been a full 24 hours, I'm once again looking forward to going out on a weeknight.
This is definitely the longest it's ever taken me to come up with a costume. Last year it was planned way in advance, and the year before that was prepared for at least a week. All of this brainstorming made me think of all of my past Halloween costumes, and my experiences with them.
- Shaggy from Scooby-Doo. When you're tall and lanky and have the nickname of "Scooby," it's bound to happen at some point.
- Santa's helper. It was Halloween night and everything was sold out at Target, and they had already put out the Christmas decorations. It was easy. I think I wore a performance fleece vest, as well. Don't know why.
- Murray from Clueless. Alicia and I were stoned and thought it would be hilarious to go as Dion and Murray. No, we didn't paint our faced black.
- Vampire Pirate. I wanted to be a Vampire, but I wanted to be a pirate. Best of both worlds. (This was before Johnny Depp made everyone and their Auntie May want to be a frikkin' pirate).
- Punk Rock Mummy. Another hybrid...I wanted to be a mummy but I also wanted to wear a trucker hat. It was a PBR hat and I believe it was Paul's.
- Mechanic. Saw coveralls at the thrift store and jumped at the opportunity to smear black gunk all over my head.
- Elroy Jetson. This was a long time in the making, since I originally wanted to be Elroy when I was a kid. It finally happened and I'd say about 95% of the people at parties knew who I was. The other people thought I was a train conductor.
- Carny. Usually I toss around a lot of ideas but when I know what I want to be, it hits me. When it feels right, it's right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Elroy jetson may have been one of the most awesome costumes I've seen you do.
On the other hand, "if it doesn't feel right, it doesn't feel right." But I'm sure it will feel right. Right?
I did the Where's Waldo this year because you can't go wrong with it! Sneaking into stranger's pictures, hiding behind things, everytime someone says hi responding with something like, "wait, can you see me?"
Post a Comment