I'm back by popular demand. And by "popular demand" I mean one or two people asking me casually "whatever happened to your blog?" At this point I'm not even sure what to write about. How's about we start with some random facts? I'll throw out some random facts and we'll see what sticks and is worth going into detail.
-Today we watched a really retarded movie that Mike worked on when he was in Chicago. I could go on and on about how bad it sucked, or I could just say "It sucked" and go on.
-I hate when parents use their children in strollers to push their way through crowds. I find that to be deplorable and just a step below using your child as a human shield.
-I saw Frankie Muniz today outside my work. I've also seen Carrie Underwood, Kiefer Sutherland, and some Asian guy that I've seen in a million things but couldn't for the life of me name one right now. Also, on Friday night Zach and I were getting beer at the grocery store for a party and Frank from The Real World Las Vegas was in front of us buying nothing but a bottle of white wine and some Aunt Jemima syrup. He wasn't all that friendly, but in his defense Zach and I can tend to be overwhelmingly annoying. I may be forgetting a few other celebrities, but those were the big ones.
-I was in Rob's digital short. I get killed. It was basically sitting around in make-up for 8 hours in order for me to film two reaction shots and then get hung. It was still pretty fun, though. I'd do it again. It was fun to get stapled in the face.
-I think I have an anxiety disorder. Actually, I know I do. I just choose to ignore it and let things fester.
-There is a large cast of colorful characters whom I see on a regular basis on my way to work downtown. First, there is Stinky. He's the homeless man at the bus stop. We call him Stinky because he smells, but this is not offensive because we are very friendly with him and give him Red Vines and various fruits. Plus, he does smell rank. It's like if someone called me "Blondie." Just pointing out a fact. There's also a lady who doesn't look all that crazy. She dresses rather normal and appears to be on her way to something important. However, as soon as she opened her mouth, got in my face, and shouted 'HI MR. JEFFREY!" I think her true colors started to peak through, just a tad. One of my favorites is probably the old man who smokes a pipe and pushes around a bunny in a stroller. Originally I had thought that this was a once-in-a-lifetime sighting, like Hale-Bopp or something. Thankfully, I've seen him more than once, and my days are all the brighter for that reason.
-I like my job. I really do. Sometimes it's not exactly gratifying (break into a house, go pick up lunch, move four couches), but it pays well and the hours give me the freedom to continue with Improv and writing. That said, a position has opened up in a department that I would very much like to be a part of. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to mention it in the next blog. Expect that one to be ready in February of 2012.
-Speaking of writing and Improv, both are going well. As a matter of fact, my boss from Weinstein is now running her own production company, and is very interested in an idea I pitched to her back in Spring. I wrote an outline which she gave me notes on, and now I'm writing her a full screenplay. Sure, this probably won't lead to money or success, but it's awesome to know that a real-life producer wants you to write something for them. Sure, the fact that she was my boss prior to this does cheapen it a little, but I try not to piss on my own parades.
So there you have it. A hodge-podge of new and interesting goings-ons in the life of Steve. I hope you've enjoyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I enjoyed. You know, I really don't like Red Vines. I actually don't like any fruit-flavored candy- TOO HEALTHY! I always had a crush on Frank from RW Las Vegas...maybe that's why I own the season. I bet any film Mike worked on sucked! lol! JK!
bay!
I have enjoyed!
We were talking about Kiefer Sutherland (who I may or may not be in love with, kind of), and someone said his name sounded like "queefer." That will stay with me for the rest of my life.
Umm, have you not seen the Sarah Silverman episode?
There's no way I'm lugging a baby around on my back for hours! But I also won't use the stroller as a weapon. I may swing the diaper bag at heads though.
Post a Comment