I had to go pick up one of our producers from a meeting and drive them back to the office (yes, we can now add "/chauffeur" to the constantly growing list of duties in my job description), and we were talking about LA. She's from Chicago too, and we both agreed that we are extraordinarily happy with our lives in LA, we despise the city with every ounce of our beings. I can go on and on about how much I love my apartment, my roommates, my job, my office, my car, our big new TV, and my friends. I could write pages upon pages about how amazing it is living in the entertainment capital of the world all of the exciting things I get to experience on a daily basis. I could rave about the weather until the cows come home. The simple fact is, the city of Los Angeles...how can I put this eloquently...sucks shit-covered donkey balls. The lack of reliable public transportation to most of the city, the traffic congestion, the assholes walking around in $5,000 suits with smug looks of self-entitlement on their faces as they walk into traffic without looking either way, it's ridiculous. I suppose this town could eat me alive if I let it. But that ain't never gonna happen.
There is a roll of about 1,925 extra tickets in my closet from the carny costume. I've decided to make use of them by starting a friendly competition between Mike and Jim. Every time either of them do something that I find exceptionally hilarious or heartwarming, I give them a ticket. Whoever has the most tickets by December 1st gets to accompany me to my office's big Holiday party blowout, where there will be snow machines, multiple bars, and an ice luge. I just gave Jim a ticket for riling up the homeless man shouting out nonsense as he walks along the river outside our apartment. Yeah. I live right on the Los Angeles river. And no, it's not as glamorous as it sounds.
I had a lot that I wanted to get done today, but decided to take a four hour nap instead. Hell, it was a Saturday afternoon. Fuck errands. Errands are CLEARLY a scramble-to-get-them-done-on-Sunday-night-before-work-the-next-day kind of affair. I did go to the grocery store and plug a DVD player into the TV in my room. And I do plan on going for a run after I finish this. So...that's productive enough. It's not like I've been sitting on the couch eating Nutella straight from the jar and watching Law & Order all day.
When I went to the screening with my old boss a few weeks ago, I came back to my car to find a bracelet on the ground right next to my door. It says "Live in Love" on it. I kept it. It seemed like some sort of sign. I don't know what it could be a sign for, aside from some hippie/spiritual bullshit, but I think holding on to it makes me seem sensitive and layered, all the same.
I'm very very passionate about the Writer's Strike. Strange, considering I'm not passionate about anything ever. I'd love to use this as a forum to go on and on about how the studios are being selfish bastards and why those who think the writer's are a bunch of rich people wanting to get richer are sorely misinformed. However, I also recognize that I do, oddly enough, have several readers who could care less about any of this, and have most likely already stopped reading. I proudly support the union. Maybe this is because I'm an aspiring writer and recognize that the things that the WGA is fighting for (to actually make money off of programs played on the internet, since it's common knowledge that the internet is the future) are going to (hopefully) directly affect me in the future. Or maybe I just feel strongly towards unions because my Dad was an auto worker. Hmmm...no. Definitely the first one. Whatever the case may be, the writers are right. And I'll gladly sacrifice all of my beloved shows until they get what they deserve. Anyone pissed off because Grey's Anatomy shut down production can suck it. Regardless, everyone should check out the video below. If you read my blog, it's because I am important to you in some way, shape or form. And this is important to me. Ergo, the least you can do is watch a 4 minute clip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love Law and Order marathons-- welcome to my breaks and sick days.
I guess no more Pushing Daisies for me! Maybe after America's Next Top Model is over.
dammit dani beat me! i got a free sample of nutella at the student center the other day...wasn't bad
'I Love Writers'
T-Shirts, Hats, Stickers, Mugs, Buttons, Magnets, and more are now available at:
******* ILoveThisShirt.net *******
Show your Support for the Writers Strike!!!
omg I'm gonna buy that shirt RIGHT NOW!!! YOU ALL SHOULD TOO!!
Okay though, honestly that video was helpful, I didn't really know what the writers strike was all about. Can't they just secretly write the heroes episodes and hide them until they win??
Post a Comment