I hate MySpace. I just hate it. For all intents and purposes, I should love it. (When I was little I thought the phrase was "for all intensive purposes," isn't that hilarious!?!?) I mean you can decorate your background, put tons of sweet pix up in your bio, even play songs and videos! Baggy certainly couldn't post such a salacious picture of buxomed beauty Charo on my FACEBOOK wall, could he? That's out of the question! And you can blog on MySpace too!
Hard to believe there is ANY reason for me to hate MySpace, I know. Here is a short list:
1. It never works. On the off chance that the page actually works, you are still waiting a good 10 minutes for it to frackin' load. But don't worry, there is never any error in loading those John Tucker Must Die pop ups.
2. People who I don't know adding me. I don't mind cool people checking out my profile and seeing how awesome I am and wanting to be my friend. I can't blame them. What I don't like is when SexyVMonica tries TWICE to add me because she "saw my profile and loved it. Wants to hook up for webchat with her sexy friends" Not to mention all of the crappy bands, which leads me to...
3. MySpace Music. Useless. Pointless. Annoying. Consists of nothing but shitty Fall Out Boy wannabes and wierd goth/punk/metal/folk/lullaby craziness. Sure, a lot of big bands have MySpace music pages now too, but they don't need them. And what's the difference between a MySpace profile and a MySpace Music profile? You can play songs in both of them.
Annnnywaaaay....
Summer is almost over. Can you believe that? I guess we still have a whole month left, but I'll be home. Plus, I count my chickens before they hatch.
Orientation is done for a few weeks. Boy did we have some fun times. I'm genuinely looking forward to going back to work with everyone at the end of the month. Well, I'm more or less looking forward to our after-work parties. The most memorable OL experience so far definitely has to be when Jacob, Cam, Millie, and I watched Final Destination 3. Holy shit, what an evening that turned out to be. If you don't know why, then I guess you'll have to just wonder. It was bucknutty, to say the least.
Sorry Dangles, I've really been typing a lot, so I don't even know if I can get to Flavor of Love 2 in this post. But does every girl on that show have a lisp or gap teeth? I'm pretty sure they do. I love the white girl who wants a man that can "hold me, and hold me DOWN!" Classy. Best line so far, "I threw the first punch, yeah, but she threw flowers at me!" followed closely by, "Dear God, please forgive me for beating this bitch ass." That girl was too nuts to be real. She was a plant. She was put there to go nuts and get kicked off first and set the tone for the show. I mean seriously, she was CARRIED out. She wasn't real. I wish she was real, because I'd marry her, but she was just a plant.
Lollapalooza was awesome. I was wondering if I would have as good of a time this year as I did last year. I most definitely did. even though I wasn't nearly as excited about the line-up, there were tons of bands that blew me away.
On Friday, the Raconteurs were by far the best. I love White Stripes already, and now Jack White is in another one of my favorite bands.
The two best shows on Saturday were The Go! Team and Manu Chao. Two shows that most people didn't seem to see beside me. I loved how crazy The Go! Team got, despite it being about 11117 degrees outside. Celsius. And I never wanted to see Kanye. I don't like him. I never did. I wish more people felt the same way, but nobody seemed adventurous enough to trek over to check out Manu. Those who did got to enjoy dancing barefoot in Grant Park, under the glowing skyline, to some awesome latin rock. Everybody there was having an awesome time, and if more of my friends (you know who you are) would have just fessed up to not liking Kanye and TRIED something different for once, they would not have been disappointed. Alicia made her way over, and we had a blast. No doubt, the best part of the weekend.
By Sunday I was dead. 30 Seconds to Mars was great, especially because I spent most of it with a wasted Twigger who had snuck in an Aquafina bottle full of wine. The Shins were decent. A perfect band to listen to while you nap in the trees and try to keep your back turned to the line of a million porta-potties that are less than 20 feet from you. I wanted to check out Broken Social Scene, even though I didn't know a lot about them. Most people seemed to choose Blues Traveler, which I thought was strange. I didn't know people actually liked them (much like my discovery last year that everyone in the world loves Cake besides me), and the only song I know is that "sure fire way to keep things up" song, which is by no means one of my favorites. I'm glad I watched the Social Scene. They blew me away. Of all of the music that I need to download after Lollapalooza (and trust me, there's a lot), Broken Social Scene is the top of my list.
And who can forget the Chili Peppers. I couldn't find Alicia, which was sad, since I didn't get to say goodbye to her, but I did come across some other friends and we rocked out. But not with our cocks out. Well, Dangles had hers out, but only for "Dani California." After a relatively uneventful summer, aside from working, drinking, and sometimes going to the beach, Lollapalooza was just what I needed.
Oh, and my computer is broken. Did I say that yet? Oh, probably last time. Yeah, it went off during the thunderstorm last week and won't turn on. And yes, I have a surge protector so don't even fucking ask. Obviously a 5$ surge protector from Walgreens is hardly capable of living up to its name. The kicker? A little over a year ago, when I got my laptop, I couldn't decide if I wanted the 1-year warrenty, or if I should spring for the 2-year. After seeing Matt go through hell with his laptop and not having the warrenty cover it, I decided I better go with the 2 year.
THANK GOD.
Although the hour and a half I spent on the help line answering questions like "No it doesn't work plugged in with no battery. No it doesn't work not plugged in with a battery. No it doesn't work plugged in with a battery. No it doesn't work not plugged in with no battery," was not very helpful (If it doesn't work plugged in and with a battery, how the HELL is it going to work NOT plugged in with NO battery?!?) but they sent me a box to FedEx my computer to them. They should be sending it back to me next week. But don't worry, I'm going home tomorrow, so I'll have an all-you-can-eat internet buffet. And you better bet I'm stuffing rolls in my pocket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Can't wait for this week when the chick on Flavor of Love II says, "I've always wanted dark babies."
And the blues traveler song you're thinking of is "Hook". John Popper lost so much weight from bypass surgery, but it's just too risky! Could never do it! I'll just have to love what I've got goin' on. More cushion for the pushin!
Oh steve. Flava of love needs it's own post. That show is so absurd. But question: do yout hink the white girl is faking her persona cause I find it hard to believe she is that....ghetto. And yes, they pretty much all have lisps and gap teeth. I was gonna write something else, but I got distracted....damnit. Bye!
I just got a coupon in the mail for 10% off my next american airlines flight for up to six tickets!! I have to buy it by October 1st though so maybe that'll work for NY?
Miss you already!
Lolla was just the event I needed to spice up my summer too! I'll admit I actually didn't want to see Kanye, but by the time the last two bands rolled around I couldn't find the will to walk all the way over to manu. But somehow I had the energy to danc like an idiot for the whole thing. What the hell?
Post a Comment