OK. I'm running a marathon.
Or a half marathon.
It's the weekend of January 7th.
It's at Disney World.
I'm going to start training this week (Giving me a little over 4 months, so I need to get my ass in gear)
Anyone interested in joining?
I'm registering by Monday, so there really is no time to hem and haw, but I definitely would like to do this with someone. (Although I know if I am the only one RUNNING, there are at least two people who will be going to Disney at the same time. ::COUGH COUGH::)
I've decided to do it. That's the easy part. The hard part is...how do I want to do it? There are a lot of different groups that participate in it. I'd really like to join Team in Training, because they raise money for Leukemia and Lymphoma, but I think it might be too late for that. Another option is the AT Children's Project, which will reimburse me for travel, and provide a group for me to run with. My other choice is to book reservations through a travel agency, get the discount since I'll be running the marathon, then raise money for any charity of my choice. I'd prefer to do that, but I don't want to run the marathon alone. And train alone. No fun there.
I'm leaning towards the AT Children's Project, just cause it's for the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
is at something also paying for the hotel? And could said "two others" stay in such hotel?
Or how much is the discount for the independent deal? And could said "two others" stay there??
Run one in Chicago. Then I would seriously think about doing it. I've been thinking about doing something to physcially challenge myself this year (and not just stopping at one deep dish pizza!). But, I'll be back in school by Jan 7...boo
Dani:
I think the discount is just for people that are running it.
Dangles:
There isn't a Chicago one for a while. This is something I can start now. Plus a trip to Florida in January? Sounds nice!
Can't we just sneak into your room at night? or must you share with a fellow runner?
ooooh, a trip to florida eh...I haven't ever been to florida actually. If I decided to do it and do the AT childrens thing would they reimburse my tickets to fly there completely?? I might be able to to afford it if all I have to worry about is lodging.
Post a Comment