Sunday, June 25, 2006

Let's Get Literary

The best part of my job is how much I get to read. I've already finished Choke, Bonfire of the Vanities, and Thank You For Smoking. Choke was pretty good, but I've heard it's not Palahniuk's best. Another guy at work is reading Haunted and once he's done we're gonna trade. Bonfire of the Vanities, I've read before, and continue to love just as much. It's a long one. Not an easy read, but one of my favorite books by far. Thank You For Smoking was good. But...just good. I though I'd love it. I thought I'd be raving and not be able to put it down. Well, I liked it a lot. But it was easy to put down. I loved the end though. I really do need to see the movie. Now I'm on to Catch 22. I've never read it, even though I probably set some sort of world record for how many times I've checked it out of the library. Now I own it and plan on actually opening it.

I can't wait for Orientation to start. I don't know what I'm going to do about my job at the restaurant (still haven't told them) and the more I think about, the less sure I am if I even want to go back. I'm going to try and leave that door open, just in case I end up needing a job, but I'm hoping that orientation can segue into a job on campus. Preferably a job with the orientation office. I don't mind the restaurant. It's just the hours that get to me. I hate working nights. I spend all day dreading the fact that I have to go in. Also, I'm just done with customer service at this point. The fact that I wrote chapter 7 last week and I'm still not halfway through my jobs is proof that I've put in my time.

I registered my Off The Clock treatment. That was exciting. Now no one can take my idea, and Kristin is out in LA right now. Probably showing it to all the major Hollywood players. I just hope I can finish school before someone buys it and makes me rich. I'm about halfway done with my script for the pilot. Not that you care. I don't want to be one of those boring journals where people start to skim because the author lost their attention. Shit, you aren't skimming, are you? Fuck you for skimming! Ok, first person to comment and says they didn't skim gets an Arctic Orange milkshake at McDonalds on me. Bribery works wonders. But yeah, I do want to finish my Off The Clock script sometime before the end of the summer. That's my biggest goal.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DIDN'T SKIM! I DIDN'T SKIM!!! But can I have soft-serve ice cream from mcdonalds instead???


ps, I'm halfway through Catch 22 and I started reading it in... um, let's say March? But I do like it, I just forget that I"m reading it and then I see another new shiny book beside it and pick that up instead.

Anonymous said...

I didn't skim! but Goddamn dani eller always beats me! You don't know how to read steve, don't lie.

Baggy said...

I didn't skim! Okay I didn't even get close to winning...but I'm impressed you spelled segue correctly. Bravo

Anonymous said...

i'm reading catch 22 at work also!