The problem with getting off work at Midnight is that it's not early but it's not late. If you get off work early, your whole night is ahead of you. If you get off work late, you simply go home, lay down, dick around on overheardinchicago.com, and pass out. But when you get off at midnight, you have to choose between the two. Go out? Stay in? Walking back from My Pie the sidewalks of Lincoln Park are crawling with tipsy bargoers. Do I want to join them? Or am I ready to call it a night?
Tonight, my choice was simple. I called Matt and found out that everyone had gone to Stunkel's but was already on their way home. Therefore, my decision was easy. Go home, open a Blue Moon, and chilax.
My birthday was yesterday. It was pretty good. I guess there's a stigma that after turning 21 there's nothing to look forward to in a birthday. I did my best to avoid that feeling. There's still plenty to look forward to after turning 21. Like checking your facebook and finding 30 wall edits of people wishing you a happy birthday. Like checking your voicemail and having all of your family and close friends wishing you a good one. Like having a party at Tequila Roadhouse and having a bunch of people come out to celebrate and grab some free drinks. So yeah, it was a good birthday. Matt and Jeff got me an M&M ice cream cake which made it even more exciting.
We're pretty much moved into the new apartment. For the most part everything is unpacked and put away. We still have some boxes and things that need to be put away, but it's starting to feel like home. I like it a lot. The only thing is it's a lot more lonely when no one is around. Not like the UC where you could always find someone else who was home. But it's fun to be living in your own place. And having already done this living on my own thing before, I have all of the things I need. A desk, dresser, rug, etc.
The past week has been a lot of fun. I've hung out with Zach a lot, which is cool since I really didn't see him a lot during second semester. We went to Ikea and bought shit and then hung out with Dangles on Monday. That was a lot of fun. He drove me back to my apartment in his big Budget Rental Truck afterwards. It was a fun ride except for the part where the seat belt choked me and I got stuck in it. Tuesday Jess and I went with Zach to return said truck. This involved driving into the ghetto. We were harassed, whistled at, and asked if we wanted to buy batteries. Afterwards we picked up Jill and Zach made spaghetti. And Jess told us the FUNNIEST story about a wedding she went to. I don't want to spoil it for you though. Ask her yourself! Wednesday Ashley came to town. We went to the pet store and Target and then over to Dan's to watch Lost. It was also fun. I'm going to miss Ashley next year but New York is going to be awesome and it gives me a good reason to go, since I've never been. Thursday it was back to Ikea with Zach because they "drilled the holes in the chairs wrong," he claimed. Nope, turns out Zach used the wrong screws. Good job, Zachary. After that I went to Christine's with Jeff and Matt, in our first outing together since moving into the apartment.
And since I'm sure I've bored you to tears, I'll end it here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was trying to figure out what I was going to do about meals this summer (aka- just eat a lot of sandwiches or actually cook things) but coming home I found my problem was solved. Somewhere between Easter break and now, my parents have discovered the magic of Schwann's. I opened the freezer to get something and all these boxes of frozen meals were staring back at me. All the beef pot pies I could ever want just a few feet away at all times.
I don't know if this relates to your post, but you mentioned spaghetti somewhere.
Thanks for not spoiling my story! I'm home now...doing absolutely nothing! Oh, btw- you never finished that pancake story! Did you pay for the ones at the restaruant, or did you eat the ones in the caf? I can never remember!
Post a Comment