Saturday, May 06, 2006

Workin for the money

So when I started hosting at Red Robin, I had a 3 hour orientation. I also had days of training.

My orientation at My Pie basically consisted of "Christina is the other host. She'll tell you what to do."

My training at My Pie basically consisted of "Ummm...just take some menus and seat them wherever. Try to spread them out, though."

I'm getting paid pretty decent. There are only two hosts, Christina and me. We only work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Kind of sucks because there goes every weekend night, but hey, summer is almost here. Every day is the weekend. Plus usually one host gets off a little earlier so basically I'll be working until midnight one night and 10ish another. Not too bad. Works well in conjunction with dog walking and orientation. By the end of the summer I'll hopefully be a server and then I won't just be working just weekend nights.

The place is very laid back. And I mean...very laid back. I like that a lot about it. I can sit around and read when we aren't busy and no one cares. Speaking of not busy, we were absolutely DEAD last night. Someone left The DaVinci Code in the host stand so I started to read it. I'll probably bring my own book tonight although it will probably end up being busier.

Oh, and I can wear whatever I want.

Basically its everything Disney World wasn't.

A lot of people that live in Lincoln Park are bitches though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll come visit Mr. Pie when I'm in Chicago next week

-Ashwini

Anonymous said...

that last post was from me.