I didn't go to bed on Saturday. And I was still drunk at noon. I've been told that I win the classy award for the weekend. The thing is...I can't figure out what I did the whole night/morning. This is what I know.
Went out to Rock Bottom, had 2 shots and a beer. Met up with Lauren and Ken. Went to Cam's party, which had just been broken up. That, however, didn't stop me from drinking like a fiend. So yeah...let's see. Vodka was being chased with water, I drunk dialed every person in every single area code in the world. Went to White Hen at 3am for more chasers. Came back, called Twigger, who I talked to for about an hour. Then it was 5. And I decided I wanted to go to the lake and watch the sunrise. Well at about 5:45, I still had an hour to go, and decided I needed to rest for a few minutes...on the bathroom floor. Woke up and it was light out. Then puttered around doing who knows what until I changed and took out my contacts at 11. Welcome to college.
I've started listening to old radio shows every night when I go to bed. It helps me fall asleep. Last year Jill let me borrow some CD's of "The Shadow," which is so far my favorite. "The Avenger" is pretty good too. I can't listen to music, it keeps me up, but shows don't. I really don't pay much attention to them either. In fact I couldn't tell you what happened in an entire episode of any of them.
I start at Jerry Springer on Friday. Pretty excited. I'm sure I'll have tons of stories to tell about that. Fridays are office days for me so nothing too big will happen my first day. Mondays we record the show, and I work with the guests. That'll get interesting. Oh, apparently my grandma wants tickets to "Harry Springer." What do I do? My grandparents are coming in a few weeks. I think my grandpa would actually really want to go...but I can't give them tickets! They're my grandparents!! It's Jerry Springer!! They'll see boobs! Big fat ones!!
Speaking of big fat ones...oh no. Now I sound like a jerk. I shouldn't call people fat. I was just trying to come up with a transition between two stories. I didn't want this to seem too choppy. That and...well the girl was fat.
Our fitness center has been having serious problems with the treadmills lately. There are five, but at any given time, three of them don't work. You're lucky if two are working, even luckier if one is open. So I go down there, two girls are using them. One girl is running, the other-the girl I was just talking about a second ago- is walking. Good for you for walking. Fitness is important and I honestly commend you on recognizing that. HOWEVER, walking on a treadmill while talking on your cell phone and walking at the speed of 2 is NOT really exercise. Especially when after 2 minutes of walking, you press stop, and FUCKING STAND THERE, ON THE TREADMILL FOR 5 MINUTES. What, are you done? Get enough? Nope apparently not. Turn it back on, walk for 2 more minutes, rest for 5. It was like this for about a half hour. Now I'm not complaining that this girl was trying to work out. But if you want it to mean anything, put some fucking effort in.
Speaking of effort (I'm good at transitions), not a lot of of effort was put into this...
The People Mover
This is the website for Detroit's beloved transportation system...the people mover. Thanks to Kara for sending me to this site. Make sure you have your volume up when you check it out. You don't want to miss the people mover song!!!
I don't know if people not from Detroit will enjoy this as much as people from Detroit will. You see, you Chicago people think Detroit is just some crime infested cesspool. It's really not. It's got a lot of good stuff. Yeah it's kind of lame and a joke...but that's what we love about it. It's kind of endearing.
What we lack in web design capability and transit systems...we make up for in funk and soul.
I went to Panda Express today because I wanted me some orange chicken. Guess what time it closed. 2. Guess what time it opens. 11. It is open from 11-2. Three hours. What the fuck is the point. Then when I came home I hit my head on the table. I was even more pissed. So I took a 2 hour nap. Screw you panda express!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment