I'm going home this weekend. Sorry. You can't play with me. Try to find your way in the world without me. I know it won't be easy, but come Sunday, this challenge will have made you stronger, and perhaps a little wiser for the wear. Seeing as how I was going to have to choose between Dean's party and the OL reunion anyway, this effectively removes any blame that can be laid upon me for not showing up at any said festivities.
I got my first piece of feedback from Slamdance, where I entered Off The Clock in their teleplay contest. I really have no expectations of winning, placing, or even having one person tell me it didn't suck. The only reason I entered was for the feedback. An industry professional reading my work and giving me pointers on how to improve it? I'll have one of those and a side of sweet potatoes, thanks. They came up with a really good logline for Off The Clock, which I now intend to use for my own personal gain. So here it is:
Off The Clock: Amusement park employees party off-hours in stark contrast to the fantasy they’re paid to create during the day for families on vacation.
Have I ever actually explained the plot to OTC before? I don't think I have. I probably shouldn't have. Now all seven of the people that read my blog are going to copy my idea and high-tail it to Hollywoodland with dollar signs in their eyes and stardom in their dreams. Oh, just leave me in the dust, I guess. I deserve it for failing to exercise more discretion. Oh wait, I already registered my story with The Writer's Guild. I'll take my dollar sign eyeballs and stardust dreams back, please.
Speaking of multitasking...oh wait, we weren't speaking of multitasking? Sorry. Well now I am.
Oh, and speaking of multitasking, I am currently at work, doing homework, writing in my blog, and playing Text Twist. Not to mention the inevitable AIM conversations that pop up sporadically throughout the day. I'd like to get my homework done, but Text Twist is definitely second on my list of priorities, so I can't feel too ashamed if my synopsis of ideological analysis has to wait until another day.
Classes are pretty good. I don't hate any of them. Urban Geography and Culture, Race, and Media are currently my least favorite, but even they aren't that terrible. I love Improv, of course. Who didn't think I would? And Writing The Sitcom is a blast because I get to write a spec script for It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. With OTC and now this, if I'm not carving out my niche as an offbeat, dark humorist, I'm most definitely reserving a ticket on the express bus to Hell. Unless incest and taking advantage of suicidal girls is kosher, in which case, I expect a job with Disney Channel any day now. I hope Suite Life of Zach & Cody is hiring writers. TV Program Development is a lot of fun too. My current project is called "Leper High." It's an animated sitcom about a high school where everybody has leprosy.
Hmm...too much writing, not enough Text Twist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
you're missing the party of the year!wish u were here 2 watch that movie with me!!!~!
we should hang out sometime.
I played text twist at my job too! And sudoku and websudoku.com
you're so socially responsible, finding time to write blogs at work. I should have enough time to do that, but somehow I just never do
Post a Comment