You know, I've never come up with the title of a blog entry before I've written it. I'd suggest other people do the same. It makes things more interesting. Especially for those of you, who shall remain anonymous, that tend to come up with entries such as "23-pdjsakxjaps" and so forth.
Today was my first day of training for the marathon. Only problem was, I couldn't find it. Driving directions to the Wilson exit off Lake Shore don't do much good when you're getting off the Montrose Brown Line. By the time I even got to Lake Shore, it was 7:20. And I was a mile south of where training had started twenty minutes earlier. Realizing that I wasn't going to make it, and that my first official training day would be next Saturday instead of today, I decided to make something of the fact that I got up at 6am for this, so I ran home from Montrose. Now I'm tired. Fighting the urge to nap, but in a situation where it's either nap or shower, I choose the one that requires less energy.
When I got home, I went to Dominick's and bought ingredients for an omelette. So yeah, an early morning run and a healthy breakfast. Look at me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Remember when I said I wanted to do a marathon too? Well I take that back, if it means running at 6 AM. Hope you've got leftovers from that omlette!
slathered's omlette: 1 egg whisked with three handfuls of crisco with bacon and slathered with pure butter.
hey look I can finally comment on your blog again!
Sometimes you feel so proud after finishing a blog ,and then you look at your finished work and sigh with satisfaction. Soon your eyes start to wander the page and... oh know! What's that? The evil title! Always there and never letting you post without including it.
I have a dream that someday my kids will be able to blog without a title. I have a dream my kids will have a choice whether or not they would like to include a phrase to show how they feel or summarize their story.
Let freedom ring from every blog.
Let freedom allow us to make the choice of a title.
And when this happens, When we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every internet-blog site, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, myspace and livejournal, friendster and blogspot, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"
geez, dani.
Post a Comment