I'm home for Thanksgiving weekend. It's nice to be home. It's nice to be able to sleep in my real bed. My bed has strange powers. It has the power to make me sleep for at least 12 hours at a time. It's nice. I got up at 3 today.
Life has been good. I was definitely ready to come home though. The week before I came home was not that great. I wasn't really in a very good mood. Only 2 or 3 people really know the exact reason, and anyone who might have caught a certain blog I posted at 2 AM but deleted about 10 minutes later. But if you don't already know, you're not going to. Because it's over now. Water under the bridge, I suppose.
Right now I'd like to say classes are going well. But umm...I don't know if they are. I HOPE they are. I can't imagine that I'm doing that badly in any of them, because let's remember, this is Columbia. I had to skip one class yesterday because I was coming home, and that's the one that worries me. Ehh...I guess as long as I get a C I could really care less. It's just really hard to care about my classes. I don't know why. I blame the internship. True, the internship is only two days a week, and I have more than enough time to get my work done for my classes, but...whatever.
Thanksgiving was decent. Dinner was good. It wasn't plain noodles or toast, so a definite step up from what I've been eating lately. Saw some family, made a Christmas list. Got in an argument with my Dad about paying my doctors bills. Apparently although I can't afford to feed myself I should still be responsible for paying for what insurance doesn't cover. OK. Fine. I'll do it.
Went out with Emily, Todd, and Kristin last night. It was a reunion of sorts. We hung out a lot at Western so it was really nice seeing them all again. And we're all 21 now! It's just so weird. Like...these people were my life 2 years ago. Emily and Kristin were always around, and Todd....Todd was my fucking homeboy. Now I see them probably no more than 3 or 4 times a year. It's actually really, really sad. But tonight was fun. Every time we get together it's like we've never been apart. After Kristin and Emily left Todd and I stayed at the bar for a little while longer. It was really good to see him again. Hopefully he'll come out to Chicago soon. I think everyone would find us hilarious. Well, I find us hilarious. Everyone else might think we're stupid.
The highlight of the night was when this 31 year old girl came up and flirted with Todd. Granted, she was extremely good looking. But it was still funny. She was 31. Todd is 21. And looks like he's 15. I was entertained. I even wrote about it in my diary. I laughed about it later.
I'm hungry. I quit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment