Monday, March 10, 2008

Free!

I like getting mail.

And I like getting free stuff.

Ergo, free stuff in the mail is a glorious marriage of the two.

Dangles told me a while ago about the free samples you can get sent to your house from the Wal-Mart website, and it's a funny thing. The samples they offer are never anything I need, or anything I could ever find a practical reason for ordering. Regardless, I continue to request single-use packages of South Beach Diet granola and Dove hair care. I mean, why the hell not? And since it takes up to four weeks for the sample to get delivered, you inevitably forget about it...so there's an element of surprise in there too.

My parents were here last week. It was good to see them. I think my mom had a much easier time leaving me here...considering the last time she was out here was when they brought me a year ago. When they left I wasn't done with school, had no job, no money, and no place to stay. Needless to say, I was quite proud to show them my accomplishments over the last year. Of course they saw the apartment and met my roommates, and I also brought them by the office. I don't know why, but I was really excited for them to see my work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Every time I order something free, it never comes. Unless it's a really bad magazine, then it keeps coming and coming and coming and coming. Then when I leave the UC, it gets transferred to my house and keeps coming and coming and coming.

Anonymous said...

I got the south beach granola in the mail, like cherry something. It was so gross I spit it out. I did get chococlate turtle chex mix recently. NAWM.

Baggy said...

I don't trust the word free. Free merchandise, free sample, free trial offer, free country. None of these can be trusted and clearly spell SCAM

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.