Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowboarding in California

Pros:
Beautiful view of the mountains and surrounding deserts.
After a day on the slopes you drive home and it is 70 degrees.
Since you're in California, nobody knows what they are doing on a snowboard. By comparison, you look like a freaking pro and your self-confidence gets a major boost.

Cons:
Only one road to get up the mountain. It takes two hours to go four miles because of traffic.
After a day on the slopes, you are stuck waiting two hours for a bus to get you back to your car.
Since you're in California, nobody knows what they are doing on their snowboard. In a typical novice fashion, they make it halfway down the hill (sometimes even less), and sit down. Yes. Sit down. Right there. In the middle of everything.

Then their friends join them and form a cluster that you have to carefully maneuver through. I get it. You fell. Your bum-bum is sore. It hurts to get up. Well fucking get your ass on your board, go down the hill, go get some hot cocoa in the lodge and cry into it. I paid good money for my lift ticket and I don't appreciate your social club getting in the way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

we had snowbays falling here last night!

Anonymous said...

I read this like 3 days ago but never commented...sry!

Spring break maybe???? Bay+Flay+Gay in LA?

Anonymous said...

Today I worked out on the rowing machine-- I'm so buff.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you took me snowboarding?!