Monday, August 06, 2007

psych!

First and foremost, the last post was a hoax.

Dangles wasn't sure what to write her blog about, and so I broke out my Writer's Block. It's a small book with over 700 pages of words, quotes, and pictures that are designed to spark the imagination! After I randomly turned to a page and gave her the spark word of "indulgence," I decided to do the same thing. My word was "hitchhiker." With such a specific spark word, my only option was to tell a story about hitchhiking. Since I've never been, my only option was to make one up. Yes, it's true. You've been had.

But let's not dwell!

I got a job as a production assistant at a company that does reality shows. I'll gladly tell you what company and what shows, but I don't want to be posting all my professional biznass on the wide wide world of web.

Today, however, I am a temp assistant at Weinstein again. Just today, and never again. It's an obligation that I made before interviewing, and I needed to fulfill it. Being back, however, as conjured up all of the memories of my life as an intern. Yeah, I'm well aware it was like...a month ago, but it feels like much longer. Mostly because Karen is gone, the other interns are gone, and I don't know anyone. Another thing I've come to realize upon my return to TWC is how my life has come a complete 180 in the past month. I was miserable for a while. I still can't decide if moving in with Mike and Jim made all that better or worse. On the plus side, I was living with friends. Contrariwise, I was working 45 hours a week (for free), then coming home with even more stuff to do, while they explored LA, drank all day, and enjoyed the Honeymoon portion of their arrival to California. I was busy, poor, and depressed, and basically hit rock bottom. But now, things are much better and I'm flyin' high.

For one thing, the roommates have entered the real world as well, so I no longer feel like Old Man Crotchett, going to bed and complaining that those rambunctious little whippersnappers are keeping me up at night. Most importantly, though, is the fact that I GOT A JOB. And I love it. A lot. I get to go on runs and pick up and deliver anything from tweezers to Emmy tickets. I get to work normal hours. I get paid well. I couldn't be happier. Unlike the fancy shmancy Hollywood places I've been interviewing and interning at previously, my job is downtown, in a very old building in a less pristine part of town. It reminds me of the 624 S. Michigan building, only a little shabbier. The who neighborhood has a State Street vibe. Not H&M-and-Nordstrom-Rack State Street, but Wig-Store-and-homeless-people-in-front-of-Beef-and-Brandy State Street. In fact, I still have this feeling in my mind that there is a giant body of water on the other side of my the street. I like being downtown again. Even if it's kinda gross and I saw a city worker smoking a blunt with a homeless lady who had no shoes. My biggest concern with work is that since I'm technically on a trial-run, my boss is going to decide I'm not a keeper and throw me back into the murky dark waters of unemployment. Tomorrow I'm going to go in and impress the crap out of everyone.

So...life in LA is looking up. I had a GREAT weekend because I came out of my shell for once and didn't make half ass excuses as to why I couldn't go out. Positive attitudes are swell.

Oh, and Dangles just bought her tickets to LA. Labor Day weekend.

Here's a recipe for disaster:
Las Vegas.
+Me
+Flavin.
+Krasman.
+Dangles.


It is the worst idea ever, and I can't wait.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone is going to die on that trip. Maybe not any of you 4, but I'm willing to bet you'll be involved.

And congrats! Don't let the gloomy smog cloud of LA keep you down. Create your own smoggy cloud of happiness!

Anonymous said...

I just packed up my picture you made to go in my room at school!

I'm a bit (a lot) disappointed you didn't meet Kimmy, but I am excited you got a job! And in a Chicago-esque neighborhood! Plus the company name is so magical that I feel ANYTHING could happen while you're at work!